News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

OBAM Press Release

Started by Jake Norwood, March 14, 2003, 05:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r_callen221

Guys~

Just wondering... is OBAM out yet? I just came back to the forums after a couple of months break for school finals and such, and have been out of the loop. Is it published yet, or is there another release date?

Charles

deltadave

I'm dying to find out what is up for OBaM.  Players chomping at the bit, I have groups of them demonstrating outside my apartment building. Next will be the torches and pitchforks. Please help me.  a PDF distribution would be great. Anything to keep the ravening hordes placated.
Deltadave
Whatever hits the fan
will not be equally distributed.

Darth Tang

Yeah, I've $20 burning a hole in my pocket as well. My fantasy game is ready to re-commence with RoS as its game system, if only I had OBAM to guide me through man-beast combat.

A pdf is fine. I'll get the hard-bound later.
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

Jake Norwood

Out this month online. In hard-copy at Gen Con. Hold me to it.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Durgil

Quote from: Jake NorwoodOut this month online. In hard-copy at Gen Con. Hold me to it.

Jake
Oh man, oh man...
Tony Hamilton

Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.  Horror and moral terror are your friends.  If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.  They are truly enemies.

Claymore

Quote from: Jake NorwoodOut this month online. In hard-copy at Gen Con. Hold me to it.

Jake

Ex...Cell...Ent!

When will it ship to distributors Jake?

-Claymore
George
Driftwood Publishing
claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Jake Norwood

Honestly...

I don't think we'll be doing much through regular distributors. They don't pay on time (if at all), and no money = bigger debt = dead driftwood.

We'll be doing all direct sales initially, though some retailers may have it, too.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

kanseg

Jake

QuoteWe'll be doing all direct sales initially

Will that also include shipping the hard copy to individuals in the UK?  I know that when the core book came out you were accepting payments via Paypal - will you be doing this again for OBAM?  If so, then please put me down for two!

Thanks

Harry

kenjib

Will you only take Paypal?  Unfortunately I refuse to have a Paypal account because they claim the power to arbitrarily freeze your assets with no legal oversight, unlike banks which are heavily regulated.  They regularly abuse this legal loophole against people who haven't been proven to have done anything wrong.  This means that if Paypal is the only way to get OBAM, I can't get it.  :(
Kenji

Valamir

Ummm...how is that an issue unless you plan on carrying large paypal balances.  The only way to have a large paypal balance is if you're a seller and you're not sweeping your paypal account to checking or if you voluntarily add money to the pay pal mmkt.

Most paypal users have a 0 balance because the charges just get directly debited from your checking account or charged to a credit card.

Zero balance = who cares if they freeze it?

Seems like a pretty silly principal to inconvenience yourself over, especially since banks are not nearly as "highly regulated" in whose accounts they freeze as you might think.  In fact, since the Patriot Act banks pretty much operate on a freeze first, ask questions later policy.

kenjib

Sorry, I shouldn't have said the specifics as it's not on topic.  The main question is:  Do you accept any other forms of payment?  That's all.
Kenji

Jake Norwood

we'll accept checks as well.

Jake

kenjib

Kenji

Darth Tang

So, thias won't be a pdf, but a hard copy?

Either way is fine; time is my big crisis right now, but if I had the choice, I'd prefer hardcopy.
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

Lance D. Allen

From the phrasing, I think it will be .pdf at first, with hardcopies available by GenCon for direct purchase there, and online order. Jake will of course clarify.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls