News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

OBAM Press Release

Started by Jake Norwood, March 14, 2003, 05:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

QuoteOut this month online. In hard-copy at Gen Con. Hold me to it.

Jake

That seemed pretty clear to me.

Jake Norwood

Wolfen's right. With the way things are right now in the distriubtion tiers, etc., is would be suicide for us to print even 1,000 copies and sell them all. The numbers don't add up.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

So no exact online release date yet, though?
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Jake Norwood

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Durgil

Quote from: Jake NorwoodWolfen's right. With the way things are right now in the distriubtion tiers, etc., is would be suicide for us to print even 1,000 copies and sell them all. The numbers don't add up.

Jake
Even if it were done in the perfect bound style of binding, like The Burning Wheel FRP system from Luke Crane?  The copy I picked up this week is numbered 224 of 1000.
Tony Hamilton

Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.  Horror and moral terror are your friends.  If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.  They are truly enemies.

Morfedel

Unless the online copy is dirt cheap, I'll wait for the hard copy version; I'd like to have both, but hard copy is more important for me to own.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake NorwoodOut this month online. In hard-copy at Gen Con. Hold me to it.

Jake

SWEET!

Cuenca Brian (Ecuador)
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Morfedel

Those of us who dont go to gencon can order it from your website though, right? :)

Jake Norwood

While supplies last.

Jake

turgon

I wish more game companies would switch over to the Columbia Games model.  They have both an Autoship program and a program where you can pre-order potential items.  if a target number is reached -- 100 in the case of Columbia -- they get the product out.  

They've gone to direct only and though I am not privy to how they are doing financially, they are still around after at least 15 years.

turgon

Quote from: turgonI wish more game companies would switch over to the Columbia Games model.  They have both an Autoship program and a program where you can pre-order potential items.  if a target number is reached -- 100 in the case of Columbia -- they get the product out.  

They've gone to direct only and though I am not privy to how they are doing financially, they are still around after at least 15 years.

By the way,  if there is ever such a way to pre-order, put me down for three.  That's the number I have of the "core" book and, of course, I need to keep complete sets!!!

Darth Tang

Quote from: turgonI wish more game companies would switch over to the Columbia Games model.  They have both an Autoship program and a program where you can pre-order potential items.  if a target number is reached -- 100 in the case of Columbia -- they get the product out.  

Th program now requires 500 before it ships. At least one war gam has shipped that way, and 8-10 Harn supps are lined up; the top one had 209 pre-orders; it gets about one pre-order every other day.
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

turgon

Quote from: Darth Tang
Th program now requires 500 before it ships. At least one war gam has shipped that way, and 8-10 Harn supps are lined up; the top one had 209 pre-orders; it gets about one pre-order every other day.

You are correct.  I have a faulty memory today -- I'm dividing everything by five, it seems...

Jake Norwood

Okay, cross your fingers, but we should have the "buy" button up by wednesday or earlier, with PDFs going out immediately and print copies (along with a PDF download for free) going out within 2-3 weeks after that (due to Gen Con).  I told you I'd be there. Ha ha ah ah ah  haha

Finally.

Anyway, the book looks pretty good, IMO. It'll be worth the money.

Jake

Rattlehead

That's great news! I hope it's a smash hit, Jake! :-D

Brandon
Grooby!