News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

OBAM Press Release

Started by Jake Norwood, March 14, 2003, 05:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

Hah. So do I.

Good to see you again, Rattlehead. Long time no see.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Rattlehead

Oh I'm still around.... Lurking mostly... With decent employment comes a lack of free time... hehe. But I still watch and post when moved to do so...

If you need me, just yell! I'm around! :-D

Brandon
Grooby!

Chris Passeno

Excellent!

It looks like I couldn't have timed my first TROS game [this coming sunday] any better.

Thanks Jake.

-Chris

deltadave

hoooray! Seneschal's of the world thank you.

My players have mixed feelings however, they had already bought pitchforks and torches and were looking forward to storming my apartment in the near future.
Deltadave
Whatever hits the fan
will not be equally distributed.

Jake Norwood

Get them to take those pitchforks and torches against the beasties. Oh yeah.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jake Norwood

Here's the schedule:

The book goes to press tomorrow. I should be able to ship the first couple of copies before I leave for Gen Con.

The PDF will be up tomorrow or the next day, depending on 2 things:

1) My getting a reliable method of distribution arranged, such as the Forge Bookshelf

2) My figuring out how to compress an image-heavy 140-page book into a downloadable file of reasonable size. I'm really not sure how to do that, so any and all comments would be appreciated.

Other than that I finished the last touch just about 10 minutes ago. It's all done.

Whatever the case I'll be putting the Paypal button up tomorrow, so long as everyone realizes that the product won't be available for a very short time, due to the above reasons.

Jake

Jake Norwood

Oh, one more thing. I want those who buy the print edition to have access to the PDF as well. I'm currently figuring that the Print + PDF will cost $25 (plus a nominal shipping fee?), and the PDF alone will be $15.

Jake

Durgil

It's going to be hard for me not to go ahead and pay for the pdf download version while waiting for Gencon to come to town next week where I'll buy the book! ;-)
Tony Hamilton

Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.  Horror and moral terror are your friends.  If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.  They are truly enemies.

Salamander

I have to wait another MONTH before I get my paypal confirmation number with my credit card bill!
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".

kenjib

Can you check your online billing statements for your credit card?  Charges usually show up within a couple of days.
Kenji

Jake Norwood

Quote from: DurgilIt's going to be hard for me not to go ahead and pay for the pdf download version while waiting for Gencon to come to town next week where I'll buy the book! ;-)

I'll have the "buy the PDF with the book" option available at GenCon, too, so bring your money and we'll hook you up. Alternatively, you can send the money and I'll reserve a gencon copy for you.

Jake

Durgil

Quote from: Jake NorwoodI'll have the "buy the PDF with the book" option available at GenCon, too, so bring your money and we'll hook you up. Alternatively, you can send the money and I'll reserve a gencon copy for you.

Jake
I think I'll pick the latter option, Jake.  You are awesome!  You'll have my $25 bucks as soon as you put up that "Buy Now" button.:-)
Tony Hamilton

Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.  Horror and moral terror are your friends.  If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.  They are truly enemies.

Morfedel

Hey, if I can pay and have a copy mailed to me, that would be great. I really want a hard copy; I don't know how much you are printing, but I want to make sure to get mine! :)

Hm. So, when is Gencon? I won't be there... if its after august 1st, though, and if you will be willing to let me buy a copy to be mailed to me, I'm all over it!

Durgil

Gencon is from July 24 to July 27 right here in Indianapolis, IN.
Tony Hamilton

Morfedel

Drat!

Ya bastich! It figgers :(

I wish I lived in a major gaming city, heh.