News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Call for demos

Started by Ron Edwards, August 27, 2001, 12:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hi everyone,

One key point about store demos - they do NOT have to be especially profound. In fact, I suggest kind of a "Soap Sorcerer," in which a lot of relationships and actions are already hitting, and thus the demo itself is about sorting it out - the "last act," as it were.

I am putting together a character-starter demo kit which allows the group to make up PCs very fast (or allows you to pre-gen PCs quickly too, if you'd prefer).

As for scenarios themselves, I suggest starting with the in-book situation involving the scary demon house. It's really just a battle-romp with a dangerous sorceress NPC, but it does have the advantage of playing out very differently with different groups, and of allowing a hell of a lot of sorcery in an isolated situation.

So overall, don't get worried if you don't think you can Do Sorcerer Right. You guys are all hyped about the depth (and depths) the game can achieve, but store demos are all about showing off that the game is (1) pretty to look at, (2) actually playable, and (3) interesting on a very basic level, i.e., ooh, demons. More than that isn't necessary.

Best,
Ron

james_west

Judging by the Dealer's room at the Con, at least two of the local game stores here have at least one copy of Sorceror.

I'd be willing to run a demo at a game store here in Denver.

Blake Hutchins

Hey Ron,

I'm willing to run a demo at either of the two gaming stores here in Eugene. I could be persuaded to head up to Portland and demo at a store there.

Best,

Blake

Tundra

James, I suggest contacting Heather at Attactix (Aurora CO).  I don't have their number offhand, but you can reach her at heather@attactix.com.

ttfn - woody
[0] Darin "Woody" Eblom             | Phone (507) 645 - 2708  Fax 2711   |
  • President and CEO                |         Hot Games. Cool Folks           |
  • Tundra Sales Organization     |  http://www.tundra-sales-org.com   |