News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

And so it begins

Started by FilthySuperman, August 28, 2001, 07:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FilthySuperman

Greetings,
    Well I've finally done it. I reached a point with my game; Any Town, U.S.A. where I was comfortable with exposing it. I cleared away alot of content to make it complete yet servicable for a downloadable media and have posted it on my site for a free download.
Brief info on the game is as follows:

Any Town U.S.A.
A game of Small Town Horror
With some unique mechanics involving facing terror, and a nifty combat system conducive to the genre.

The .pdf is 28 pages and contains no artwork.
The Download is free, but I do have a donation button where you can make a donation (if you feel the game is worth it) using my pay pal account.

I'm more interested in getting some feed back, as I've spent almost a year working on this game and truly feel that one day it will be viable to venture the capital required to publish this game.
I'd also be forever happy if someone cared to take the time to review the game. I truly truly hope that anyone who does download it enjoys it.
Thanks in advance.

Any Town U.S.A.
http://www.demihuman.evilfrogs.com

a brief side note: EXTRA SPECIAL thanks to Scott "The Moose" Knipe. Without whom this game would have been undesirably lame.

T

[edited because the poster was too stupid to get his website address correct. He's been murdered by visual exposure to 6 nymphs, and replaced with a talking dog. The dog has more personality.]

[ This Message was edited by: FilthySuperman on 2001-08-28 19:33 ]

Paul Czege

Hey T,

I'm having some trouble downloading it. If I right-click and save, it gives an error saying it can't find the file. If I click, it launches the little Adobe Acrobat Reader splash box and tries to open the rules in Internet Explorer, but all I get is a blank document.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Gordon C. Landis

Worked fine via my old Netscape browser at work.  IE at home failed the right-click/save target, but clicking the link opened the .pdf for me . . .
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

FilthySuperman

Previously using Angelfire's servers I was told some people were having trouble downloading the .pdf due to it taking an extremely long time to open the file. With evilfrogs this is the first I've heard of the problem. I checked it out with netscape 4 and 6 and with IE 4 and 5 and didn't seem to have any problems. If you are still experiencing problems let me know and I'll be happy to email you the .pdf.

T

FilthySuperman

Okay just found out that certain versions of Internet Explorer are having difficulty with the right click > save target feature. To work around this click on the link, wait for it to load completely, then click save in .pdf browser. (shaped like a floppy disk). This will prompt you to save the specified file to your hard drive. Then read, play, enjoy! (I hope)

Anyone who's checked it out have any comments or criticisms?

T.