News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Deplorable - Victorian "Supers" RPG in progress

Started by Zak Arntson, March 21, 2003, 03:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky Fanboy

Ah! Now all becomes clear to me. If you want a Success, you must roll three dice and get them under your Humanity score to use a Commendable Trait. If they go over, you must use a Deplorable Trait. If they match, and are still under, you gain Humanity (up to five.) If they go over and match, you lose a point of Humanity. If you don't mind Failing, you don't worry about Humanity loss. Mixed blessings carry the threat of Humanity gain/loss, just not as likely.

For some reason, this wasn't clear before. Now, with the pool of successes you need to gain in order to win, I could play this game no problem.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Coleslaw

This is a great game/idea, and I cannot wait to playtest it.  Well, that's all I really wanted to say.  Thanks for another great game Zak.

PS:  By the way Zak, I've been running a game using your original version of Chthonian for the past four months and it has been great.  The lite mechanics have encouraged great roleplaying and storytelling.  Again, thanks.

Phillip

Zak Arntson

Hey, thanks! The Deplorable playtest document is nearly done. I'll be sure to announce it when it is.

And about Chthonian: Glad you're having fun with it! I'll message you privately about that one.