News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Riddle of the Dark Sun

Started by Judd, February 15, 2003, 10:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd

Quote from: Clinton R. NixonIf you want psionics - and that's a big if for me - make it a set of skills, dealt with as a priority. (Priority A - all skills at 7; B - all at 8; C - all at 9; D - two at 9, rest at 12; E - one at 9, rest at 12; F - all at 12.) The skills should be wide: Telekinesis, Mental Combat, Thermokinesis, Telepathy, Clairvoyence, etc. Make easy charts for modifiers to the skill based on certain actions. Voila! Psionics.

If you want to go that extra step and have the elemental priests...

Wouldn't be too hard to make a skill packet for Psioniscist.  Also think I'd make psionic skills harder to improve, maybe six checks and then a more difficult role.

Elemental Priests, I think will just be clergy, no spells or such, just men or women who are dedicated to an elemental idea.

Thanks again.  

edit - messed up the quotes

Michael Tree

All the suggestions sound great so far, particularly the psionics as skills and the defling/preserving distinction.  For psionics, you might want to make psionics a priority class of its own, with a psionics attribute based on it representing mental power, and skills packets to represent training.  Look at what I did with the Force in the Star Wars thread to see what I mean.
"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated"
--G.K. Chesterton

prophet118

i think what im going to do when i run TROS, is run it using dark sun as the base world...not all the nifties from the DS world (races, or pscions), but replacing wyrth with something i am very familiar with, and for comfortable with.....im not sure exactly when im going to do it, but i am going to start planning it.
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."

Check out my art site! http://prophet118.deviantart.com
Wanna Buy a Poster?  http://www.deviantprints.com/~prophet118/