News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Tag Team methods

Started by Darth Tang, March 20, 2003, 12:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Tang

I can't see part of a group standing by while the other half engages in battle-there'd be another fight once the first was done! 'Why didn't you help me! Ten months of adventuring together, and you just stand there!

Can't see it. Aside from the fact that my groups write Charters to cover interaction and loyalties (amongst other things), it just doesn't seem believable. at least, the group remaining together afterwards doesn't.

And there's not a problem with this-I was just looking for input on the situation. Obviously, I'm going to have to add still more manuvers, and plan some rulings to account for teamwork.

The RoS system is realistic, but it seems to focus intently upon one-on-one duels. The rules for mutliple foes are rather thinly covered. I don't doubt this will be covered in Flower of Battle, but that's months off.
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Darth TangI can't see part of a group standing by while the other half engages in battle-there'd be another fight once the first was done! 'Why didn't you help me! Ten months of adventuring together, and you just stand there!
Hey, only if it makes sense to the character. If it's illogical, then of course they won't do this.

But who says the PCs even have to know each other? Much less co-operate?

QuoteCan't see it. Aside from the fact that my groups write Charters to cover interaction and loyalties (amongst other things), it just doesn't seem believable. at least, the group remaining together afterwards doesn't.
Are these charters between the players or between the characters. Why do you have them?

Sounds like an SA Drive: stand by friends.

Why should the characters "remain together"? Why is this an imperative?

Quotere's not a problem with this-I was just looking for input on the situation. Obviously, I'm going to have to add still more manuvers, and plan some rulings to account for teamwork.

The RoS system is realistic, but it seems to focus intently upon one-on-one duels. The rules for mutliple foes are rather thinly covered. I don't doubt this will be covered in Flower of Battle, but that's months off.
I completely and totally disagree.

You have not shown it to be one iota unrealistic in terms of multiple opponents. You've said that it's easy to kill when it's two on one, but that seems to be borne out by real life, and your own anecdotal experience. So why would you want to change that? To make it less realistic? To make taking on foes two on one more difficult? Why?

You are creating a problem where one does not exist.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.