News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire"

Started by Tywin Lannister, March 23, 2003, 02:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Tywin LannisterSo does anybody use Westeros for TROS? Can you tell me about it?

Yeah, we have. It's not that different from regular TROS, just in a different setting. To be honest though, I think I prefer to read Westeros, and play Weyrth.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Tywin Lannister

QuoteI think I prefer to read Westeros, and play Weyrth

The problem with Westeros is the tangled web of family lines, royal blood etc. I prefer my own setting, which is a blend of Westeros, Middle-earth, and my own stuff.
The trees bend their boughs towards the earth and nighttime birds float as black faces.

Ashren Va'Hale

my only beef with westeros is that its too defined, too setup and that limits my creative liberty. thats why I applaud Jake for what he did with Weyrth - leaving it open ended and not defined to the letter
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Bomilkar

Quote from: Tywin LannisterSo does anybody use Westeros for TROS? Can you tell me about it?

I'm preparing a Westeros campaign right now. It takes place 16 years before the books, shortly after the great tourney at Harrenhal and shortly before all Hell breaks loose on the Seven Kingdoms. My players haven't made their characters yet, so I don't know which side they will take in the coming war, or what will be the focus of the campaign. I intend to  take the "nothing is written in stone" approach, meaning that nobody can be sure who is going to emerge victorious form the Storm of Swords. What if Rhaegar wins the Battle at the Trident? What if the Tyrells and Redwines take Storm's End before Ned arrives with Robert's army. What if the players can do something about that?

BTW, westeros.org is the best resource on all things Ice&Fire. I also recommend the Game of Thrones CCG. Playing that game gives you that feeling of participating in the Great Houses' epic struggle of swords, lies and betrayal. The three Premium Starters (Stark, Lannister, Baratheon) will suffice for play, so you won't have to put your money on hundreds of cards for some casual play.
Battle? There is always a desire for breathing space motivating it somewhere.
The Bashar Teg

Tywin Lannister

QuoteI also recommend the Game of Thrones CCG

Agreed. The game is great :)

The trees bend their boughs towards the earth and nighttime birds float as black faces.