News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I've fallen & I need to get up!

Started by Darth Tang, March 26, 2003, 06:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Tang

Some issues have arisen from my use of the melee system:

I'm having to design a maneuver for those who have falen but are still combat-worthy; obviously, they're in an exceedingly bad position, but to simply write them off is unfair, especially if they're PCs. Any suggestions?
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

Brian Leybourne

I do it like this:

When you fall down your CP is halves (or thirded, depending on which part of the book you read). This lasts until you stand up.

While standing up, you can only evade (full or partial) to avoid being hit. If you partially evade then at the end of the exchange you have stood up and everything will be back to normal (you had best hope that was exchange #2 though, so you get a refresh immediately). On a full evade, you didn't actually stand up, but rolled away from whatever attack the opponent was using on you. You start the next exchange still on the ground and still in trouble.

Note, you can elect to stay on the ground and parry/block or even attack if you like. You had better be a LOT better than your opponent however, to overcome the CP penalty for being down there.

That's how we do it, anyway.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Mokkurkalfe

On the halved or thirded thing.

On the hook maneuver, it says that you lose half your dice. In the appendix, it says you lose two thirds.

My take is that if you stumble or someone hooks you or otherwise lose balance, you lose half your dice.
You lose two thirds when you get wounded and fall down like a sack of potatoes.
Joakim (with a k!) Israelsson

Shadeling

Quote from: MokkurkalfeOn the halved or thirded thing.

On the hook maneuver, it says that you lose half your dice. In the appendix, it says you lose two thirds.

My take is that if you stumble or someone hooks you or otherwise lose balance, you lose half your dice.
You lose two thirds when you get wounded and fall down like a sack of potatoes.

Kind of similar to my take on it.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.