News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Is there irc/chat for TROS?

Started by feanor, March 27, 2003, 05:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feanor

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I was wondering if there is a irc or some sort of chat for tros?
If not ...there should be!

Brian Leybourne

This forum is our chat :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

I'd love to have one to do a weekly chat in. ANyone got any ideas on how/where?

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

arxhon

I'm a fan of message boards myself, actually. I can go away for a couple of day, come back and i haven't missed a thing. If the person you aretalking to is also online, you can have a conversation that is close to chat in length of time to send replies.

This is of course, my preference, and i'm not averse to chat.

Perhaps a MSN group thing by inviting people into the "chat room"? This pretty much solves the whole IRC thing with setting up the channel and so on.

It also works quite well with the block feature. Suppose Jake is busy doing work online and doesn't want to be bothered. He can just block people he doesn't want to talk to, and unblock them when the weekly chat comes up. Course, it could be a little time consuming blocking and unblocking 30+ people :-P

Edit: This may be what netmeeting in MSN messenger is designed for.

Brian Leybourne

If this was going to go ahead, may I suggest that someone takes responsibility for logging the entire chat, tidying it up, and subsequently posting it to this forum so those who don't have the opportunity to be involved can still "be involved".

For example, those of us for whom it's 3am when you guys are having your chat might not be able to make it, unless it was on a weekend.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

feanor

MSN chatroom wont work ...it cant hold many people.

Setting up a irc channel isnt a very difficult job. I´m sure there is at least one TRoS player who has bots for keeping op´s in right peeps and so on.

Enoch

I'd offer my IRC chat room on #TheEnclave enterthegame, but apparently the ChanServ forgot our password so no one would be auto-opped, but me and my brother.

It isn't difficult to get a ChanServ (a prog that will automatically give control of the chat room to someone).  Just get mIRC, pick a server, join/create a chatroom and then ask the administrators of the server to register the room.

-Joshua
omnia vincit amor
The Enclave

Lance D. Allen

I'll put in a vote for Open RPG. It's a decent chat server, but it's also got a bunch of other nice features that can be used to demonstrate or even play TRoS. Only problem is that it's a multi-part DL, so it's not the simplest thing to set-up.

Once I get my cable modem, I'll be setting up a persistent server for The Riddle of Steel on Open RPG, so it'll be there if you want to use it or not.

Information and download links for Open RPG can be found at www.openrpg.com
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls