News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Indie RPG Awards: Finalists have been Decided!

Started by Andy Kitkowski, March 27, 2003, 06:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Clinton,

Fair enough, I was probably "fleeing where no man pursuith" since I did come across as a tosser in my post at the top of this thread :-)

Oh well, we can't all shine all the time, right?

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon
...legitimate questions and complaints are awesome.

Yes, they are!

Actually, Brian, your naysaying (or, better put, "exXxtreme critical feedback") was very important for me at that time (even though I was a little defensive at the time)- Because of it, I realized that I really had to clean up those definitions for clarity and ease of understanding, something that I had been meaning to do but forgot about. I also had to show their design in the spirit of the awards.  I really appreciated your comments, actually (and I have a... well... moderately thick skin. You have to to carry stuff like this out).

In my jugement above, I was actually being more critical of the people who didn't even bother to read the (revised at that point) description before calling foul. Or, worse yet, the people who would write posts on message boards based on the ramblings of those above people- Again, without actually taking the 30 seconds to read the description.

Yeah, I'm sure you've heard enough negative feedback about, say, TRoS from folks who didn't bother to crack the cover to understand where I'm coming from.

Anyway, it's all good. I've got the start of some really good feedback, which I will pursue when the awards have ended. If you have a sec, Brian, I'd ask that, later, when I start gathering feedback, that you throw in a comment or two on ways that I could improve the awards for next year.
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Brian Leybourne

Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion