News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

SOAP

Started by Paganini, April 03, 2003, 11:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paganini

So, are we role-players or what? Maybe we can't have a real-life celebration, but we can sure role-play a virtual one. I propose SOAP... it's modular format is perfect for a thread game, and it only costs $2.95 for the PDF (so it's easy for everyone to play, even if they don't already have it).

So, make yourself as a SOAP character and let the mayhem begin! :)

C. Edwards

Maury Winkle

Aging game show host bitter about his sinking ratings and life in general.  Despite always being impeccably dressed and having a winning smile, he exudes an aura of depravity thicker than stink off a monkey.  He chain-smokes when not on camera.

Traits:  Bitter, Desperate, Sharp Dresser, Winning Smile, Depraved.

Secret: ***

Relationships:  (Ron Edwards) friendly
                     (Character Posted After That) unfriendly

Goal: Wants the Next Character Posted to help him in his scheme to get a prime time slot for his show.

Home Set:  His dressing room.

Tokens: 2

(edit) I know Nathan said make yourself as a SOAP character but I feel that way lies madness.  And possibly neurosis.

Paganini

Ron Edwards

Impoverished biology professor who has wasted his life designing and playing satanic role-playing games when he should have been concentrating on the reproductive habits of bats. Moderates his discussion forum - The Forge - with a tyranical and uncompromising hand.

Traits: Impoverished, professor, game-designer, game-player, Forge-moderator

Secret: ***

Relationships: Maury - Friendly
                    Fourth character posted - Unfriendly

Goal: Wants Maury to give him free air-time to advertise Sorcerer, the incoherently evil RPG he designed.

Home Set: His cardboard Gen-con Booth

Tokens: 2

C. Edwards

Where:  Maury's Dressing Room

What:  Maury Winkle sits in his chair amidst an impenetrable fog of cigarrete smoke.  He glances at his Rolex as he whispers into a cellphone.

Words:  "I don't care what it takes, I need that time slot...  See if she will take a bribe...  Blackmail is an acceptable option...  We go live in five, gotta go, ciao."

1 for Desperate, 3 for a Secret Word.

Total Tokens: 6

C. Edwards

This thread must be like the guy that spills his beer on everybody and is generally obnoxious in a pitiful way.  Nobody wants to talk to that guy.  Don't be that guy.