News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Idea for selling next book

Started by svenlein, March 28, 2003, 10:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svenlein

Would this be possible for an option to buy the next book?

I give you some money.
You give me the pdf of the book.
Then when the book comes out you send me a book.

Obviously I would preffer if the price was less than (price of pdf) + (price of book)

Scott

Jake Norwood

Actually that is the current plan. Early May we should have a PDF ready, the book a month later.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake NorwoodActually that is the current plan. Early May we should have a PDF ready, the book a month later.

Jake

Kind of like what Spectrum did with Cartoon Action Hour? They had the PDF, and now are coming out with the book...and those who paid for the PDF are getting a little discount on the book.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Ron Edwards

Credit where it's due - I pioneered this publishing tactic with Sorcerer.

Best,
Ron

Jake Norwood

No, Ron, we all know *I* pioneered it with the Riddle of Cheese, TROS' first draft back in 1956.

;-)
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake NorwoodNo, Ron, we all know *I* pioneered it with the Riddle of Cheese, TROS' first draft back in 1956.

;-)

Mmmm Cheese...arrgrrggglleerrr... (as Homer would say).
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Quote from: Ron EdwardsCredit where it's due - I pioneered this publishing tactic with Sorcerer.

Yep, I got the idea from Ron.  I must say it is a great tactic and I encourage others to give it a whirl.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

prophet118

Quote from: Ron EdwardsCredit where it's due - I pioneered this publishing tactic with Sorcerer.

Best,
Ron

well im sure there were other companies.
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."

Check out my art site! http://prophet118.deviantart.com
Wanna Buy a Poster?  http://www.deviantprints.com/~prophet118/

Darth Tang

May! Crap! ANOTHER month.

I'm using the melee system in my Fading Suns campaign, but with modern weapons it doesn't come into play very much as all. (except for one, now over, scenario). Once Beasts & men is out, I'm going to run a fantasy campaign again....waiting, waiting, waiting...
The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.