News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

if you've never posted to The Forge...

Started by Paul Czege, April 04, 2003, 12:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Czege

...post for the first time here. There's a Forge tradition of doing these threads we call "profiling" a few times a year. On this thread only, lets have a mini two-question birthday party version for first time posters:

What's the most recent game you actually played, and how long ago was that?

What game that you have not played would you most like to try?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Julie

I've posted before, but I'm still kind of new.  

Josh Neff and Mike Holmes are the only people I've regularly played with recently (Ryan's on here too, but he's lurking).  Anyway.   Here goes:

Recent:  Two days ago, creating In Nomine characters; the week before, Sorcerer set-up, acting out kickers (formalized play-before-play, getting it off the ground kind of); before that, Universalis a couple of weeks ago but that's not an RPG; BEFORE THAT Adventure and that was a month ago.  Wow.

Josh keeps promising to run Castle Falkenstein and he assures me I'll love it.  Mike will be running us through In Nomine after this bout of Sorcerer (as we see from the religion thread on here he is eminently qualified).  A bout? Makes it sound like a disease...I referred to Universalis the same way before, heehee.  I'm one of those game-sluts who will play anything with anyone, anytime.  Bring it on.
Julie

ScottM

Current Game: Mage: the Ascension, played on Saturday.  I'm GMing, and it's going pretty well.  I've stolen some of Fang's concepts from the Star Wars thread to try to subtly get more collaboration.

Want to play?  It's a toss up, though odds are better in my group for Sorceror than KPFS or Otherkind.  Though if Otherkind fleshes out, It'd probably be my first choice. KPFS could be hilarious, but I've got some pretty religious guys in my group who have trouble with the concept.

Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Bob McNamee

Most recently Played: Squeam 3, where I played the nerd Bobby Drayton (fount of Trekkie quotes) and Brandi Eakes, the bimbo Lifeguard...eventually ended up playing Evil Bobby (fount of other Trekkie quotes) and Evil Brandi (still a bit of a bimbo).

Want to Play: Trollbabe...I own it...I'm going to run it for the indie-netgamers soon (maybe monday, if I'm brave)...I think I understand its differences from the "normal" now.
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

Blake Hutchins

Most recently played:  The Pool Exalted.

Most want to play?  Ah, there's the rub.  It's a split between Sorcerer, Hero Wars, Torchbearer, and Nobilis.  Most of my mental bandwidth has been on Hero Wars, though, so that one wins.

For now.

Best,

Blake

Trevis Martin

Most Recently Played  An Inquisitor (WH40K) game using the Theatrix rules.  I was GM.  Plus one night of Inspectres (which rocked.)

Want To Play  Sorcerer, which is what we're gearing up for now.

regards,

Trevis

hix

Pre-December last year, roleplaying was just something I did, not something I seriously analysed. The Forge opened my eyes: GNS? Storymaps! Systems that enhance premise?!!! Congratulations for what's going on here; there's been a cool idea in every thread.

Now my answers:

Most recent: D&D3E in the world of 'Sabriel'. Never read the book, but the moment our DM said "The setting is World War One England," something in my mind went BANG. Exciting stuff.

Most Anticipated: Well, I'm checking my mailbox every hour waiting for Universalis. And after I get that going, Legends of Alyria and TROS really have to be played.

Really Most Anticipated: Sharing power and creative control with the other players. Something I didn't know I always wanted until I checked in here.

Happy Birthday.
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

TheLHF

I GMed a HeroQuest one shot to learn the system about a week ago. I'm also running a 7th Sea play by email, which I last posted to on Tuesday.

Hrmm. . . I've played a little bit of Universalis, but I want to play a lot more. I want to run a Kobolds Ate My Baby LARP (by 9th Level Games).  And Star Wars d6, just because Star Wars is cool and the d6 sytem is cool. (Though using HeroQuest for Star Wars is looking pretty niffty.)

--Victor

Lance D. Allen

Most recently played: Burning Wheel

Most want to play: Paladin, but I'm nitpicky, and I'm waiting for it eventually to come out in print.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

David Laurence

I've been playing Exalted by e-mail for a couple years now, and my last update was, er, yesterday. Living in a country where I can't speak the language quite well enough to role-play in (and where role-playing is a major-league fringe hobby to begin with) means that PBEM is pretty much the only way to get my rp-ing fix. Of course, it's also a good way to stay in touch with my friends back home.

8 years of only e-mail role-play, incidentally, is why I've been only lurking here for so long - it just seems to me like my own personal experience is often not particularly applicable to the sort of discussion that goes on at the Forge. I visit daily though.

Hmm. Probably Nobilis. Donjon is up there too, but (thinking again of my gaming situation) I have a feeling Nobilis could really lend itself to PBEM play well.
David Laurence

Doyce

Quote from: Paul CzegeWhat's the most recent game you actually played, and how long ago was that?

Spycraft d20, this afternoon/evening.  Yesterday was a d20 Pulp adventures thing, followed by Hellboy at the theatre :). Friday was DnD.

Ugh.  Too much d20 this weekend.

Last weekend was Sorcerer and Nobilis, though, which kind of makes up for it.  (Esp. since I have a player demanding to get into the sorcerer game.)

Quote from: Paul CzegeWhat game that you have not played would you most like to try?

Hmm.  Honestly, not to be a suck-up, but I'd say My Life with Master.  Also, an arabian-flavored Prince Valiant with d6's instead of coins, and Jungle Primitives-adventure using Donjon (call it Jongul? :)

But that's all GMing... what would I want to play?

Trollbabe.  Trollbabe with the PC's as 'freak' members of the BPRD.  Heh.  I need to write that up for the Adept Press forum.
--
Doyce Testerman ~ http://random.average-bear.com
Someone gets into trouble, then get get out of it again; people love that story -- they never get tired of it.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Paul Czege...post for the first time here.
Quote from: Paul Czegelets have a mini two-question birthday party version for first time posters

LOT of regulars who can't read, it seems... :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

brainwipe

Icar, about 4 weeks ago!

OctaNe

Rich Forest

Uh, like Brian said:

This is supposed to be a place for first time posters to say something.

And it's a resurrected thread from last year, too. (No thread resurrection, even in the Birthday Forum.)

C'mon people. Read the threads, don't just post blindly.

Rich

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Paul Czege...post for the first time here.

That'd be me then!  

Quote from: Paul CzegeWhat's the most recent game you actually played, and how long ago was that?

HeroQuest, just over a month ago - but a three week holiday has minimized gaming opportunities since ;o)

Quote from: Paul CzegeWhat game that you have not played would you most like to try?

Hmm, tricky...

I think I'll go for Sorcerer & Sword - we've had a dabble with Sorcerer, but I'm not sure "modern" is really my cup of tea.  However, with added weird ophidian women and amethystine temples...

Cheers and Happy Birthday!

Meirion