News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

G.I. Joe Official Handbook

Started by Clinically Insane, April 05, 2003, 01:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinically Insane

Just picked this book up on the 3rd, thought of Cartoon Action Hour and picked it up. I couldn't get to the spectrum site yesterday. Luckly someone responded to a post below and I was able to get back here, found the new site and saw the game was available, Woo Yoo! Just ordered a copy.

Anyway...

Thought some people may be interested in this book it has 48 pages, information on both G.I. Joes and Cobra members, 38 in total and also 6 vehicles.

For the G.I. members it list

Code Name, File Name, Primary Military Specialty, Secondary Military Specialty, Birthplace, Grade(military), Height, Weight and Serial Number.

It also has something called a skill set that ranks the member in four areas, Offense, Defense, Vehicle and Tech. They are ranked on a bar scale that goes from 0% to 100%

They also list a quote and a little bio.

The Cobra's have much the same information for the important ones like Cobra Commander, but for less important like the Cobra C.L.A.W.S. it only list Code Name, What type of unit the trooper is and height and weight. Though even the common troopers have the skill set, quote and bio.

Vehicles list weight, speed and range. And ordances and armaments.

G.I. Joe's in this book are
Snake Eyes, Gung-Ho, Heavy Duty, Wet-Suit, Frostbite, Duke, Sgt. Stalker, Big Ben, Sure Fire, Mirage, General Tomahawk, Agent Scarlett, Dusty, Beachhead, Blowtorch, Flint, Dial Tone, Tunnel Rat and Nunchuck.

G.I. Vehicles in this book are
Brawler, Road Rebel, Night Attack Chopper and Sand Razor.

The Cobra's in this book are
Storm Shadow, Destro, Cobra C.L.A.W.S., Cobra Moray, Neo-Viper, Cobra Commander, Neo-Viper Commander, Cobra Alley Viper, Cobra Slice, Cobra Viper, Headman, Zartan, Desert Cobra C.L.A.W.S., Dr. Mindbender, Snow Serpent, Baroness, Fast Blast Viper, Undertow and Firefly.

Cobra Vehicles in this book are
Cobra Hiss IV, Cobra Venom Cycle and Destro's Dominator

It just came out and you can most likely find it on amazon. This may be of some use for people who want to run G.I. Joe

Hope this helps :)

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Yep, very good stuff there.  I loved the original Marvel versions a lot too.

Also of interest is the info for running GI Joe found on Bull's CAH Page.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com