News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What happened to the non-regulars?

Started by Brian Leybourne, April 05, 2003, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

One thing I was kind of hoping was that we would be getting some non-regulars in here posting (which I thought was partially the point, thus the policy of non-registered people allowed to post in this forum).

So far I've only seen a couple who later admitted to being regulars who had forgotten to log in, and one actual non-regular asking a couple of questions.

If there's anyone reading this who is not registered at The Forge and is reading along, jump on in and say hi. We don't bite (unless you ask us to...)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Piers

Okay, okay, I'll say something.

Actually, I'm not sure if I count as a non-regular; it's probably more like a regular lurker.  Which means that I keep up with my reading, but almsot never, ever say anything.  Not that I don't have anything to say, or your conversations aren't fabulously interesting, but I have enough trouble with my writer's block as it is.  

But, hi, everyone, I think you are all great, keep up the good work.  When I have a bit more time this summer, I'll come round, introduce myself properly, and show you my stuff.  

Piers

Brian Leybourne

Piers, we look forward to that, mate.

And hey, the best cure for writers block is to write. It doesn't matter what you write, it can be anything, but it gets the brain flowing along the right lines again. What better way to stimulate your brain in that direction than to post to the Forge? :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Fade Manley

*waves tentatively*

"Hi. My name is *points to the username* and I'm a newbie..."

But, erm, yes. It's good to be here. This birthday forum is the first place I've ever been willing to post on The Forge, though a while back I was reading a lot of the stuff on the site. I keep meaning to post, but, quite frankly, I don't feel that I have the knowledge base to make posts that are actually interesting to anyone else. I have all sorts of things to ask about writing my game, but I really don't know how to phrase them in an articulate manner, especially in a place like this where everyone else seems to know what they're talking about and I don't. Being relatively new to gaming altogether, I don't even know if something has been done before, much less how often and how well...

But it's a quite nice place, and I'll probably at least start reading it regularly again. I'm always fond of forums where people use punctuation and capital letters in a consistent and correct manner. Warms my little English major heart.

Eric J.

Nick the Nevermet

Howdy.  I'm not really new, but I don't post much.  A few posts here and there over in TROS, not much else.

Running the risk of sounding like a testimonial, the Forge has helped me a great deal organize my thoughts on why I roleplay and what kinds of roleplaying games I like.  I find the articles here (both Ron's and other authors) to be interesting reads.  I would probably post more here if I was actively gaming.  I was about to suck several friends into a game, but the mood changed to 'after the semester'... so we'll see.  It will also be interesting to see a bunch of sociology grad students try to roleplay, but that is a whollllle different issue...

I also enjoy the 'feel' of the forums here more than I do elsewhere.  The people are polite and articulate, generally, and I find a lot of the topics worth reading and following.  That doesn't mean this place is beyond reproach, but it means I come maybe twice a day and follow several threads at once. (Disclaimer: my knowledge of gaming forums is limited & I am sure there are plenty of good places I don't know about).