News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Automatic Login

Started by Shreyas Sampat, April 06, 2003, 01:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shreyas Sampat

Ever since the Birthday Forum opened, clicking the "log me in automatically whenever I visit" checkbox has had no effect for me; it won't log me in automatically like it ordinarily does.  I don't recall having changed any of my settings between just before then and now.

Is anyone else having login trouble?

Clinton R. Nixon

Not I, but I have the weird curse of none of the problems others mention ever happening to me on the Forge, no matter what OS and browser I use. (I've logged in in the last two days on a Macintosh running Netscape 7, Windows 2000 running IE, and Linux running Konquerer.)

Anyone else?
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Valamir

Mine turned off.
Then it did the wierd bug of partially loging me in...I appeared in the list of members at the bottom, even though the "Log in" link at the top indicated I wasn't logged in (i wasn't logged from a second machine at the time)

It wouldn't let me post without logging in seperate for each post and would not keep me logged in between.

I exited, deleted cookies, rebooted, and that got rid of it...whatever it was.

Rob MacDougall

QuoteIs anyone else having login trouble?

That happened to me, though it wasn't synchronized to the opening of the birthday forums. I cleared the cookies from my browser and now it works again.

Shreyas Sampat

Clearing the cookies worked.  Thanks, guys.