News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Keys of Uriel - a Sorcerer adventure

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, April 17, 2003, 05:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

I just released a free Sorcerer (& Sword) adventure meant for convention or introductory play. It's a weird fantasy scenario with definite western elements to it, set in the town of Snake Gulch. I've also included some tips for continued play in Snake Gulch, with the pre-generated PCs or others.

Feel free to snag it at http://www.anvilwerks.com/rpg/keys_of_uriel.html.

I'll be running this Monday in Seattle, if anyone's in the area and interested. Also, my PDF maker has been giving me some serious problems. If anyone feels like making a PDF out of this with some quick and dirty layout, by all means do so.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Spooky Fanboy

Wow!

Now that's a fun game! I'm definitely cribbing notes off of this! Reminds me of a pressing need I just discovered: watch more surrealist Westerns.

Speaking of this: just how the hell did you get the idea for this? I think I saw a post for this somewhere prior to this, I just can't remember where...
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Clinton R. Nixon

I posted about these characters earlier in the Adept Press forum, which is probably where you saw 'em.

This sounds lame, but I started by thinking how I'd make a D&D fighter, wizard, cleric, and half-elf rogue in Sorcerer. From there, I decided I liked the name Snake Gulch, and it just got more and more western-y.

Note all of this happened in the shower, which as Jared has proven, is the great indie RPG fountain of wisdom.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ron Edwards

Hi Clinton,

I got the links up at the Sorcerer site, one in Actual Play and one in Downloads. Great work!

Best,
Ron

Nev the Deranged

All I can say for you fellow shower-thinkers out there is

http://www.riteintherain.com/

Good for jotting notes in the shower, in the snow, while washing dishes, coral reef diving, you name it.  I use 'em for showering as well as for GeoCaching and hiking.

Ace

Thank you for awesome scenario!

I was especially impressed by the "fae blood" as demon bit-- that makes "Wizards" easier in a more conventional setting without losing any Sorcerer goodness

Nifty