News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

An evil thought....

Started by Slant, April 10, 2003, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slant

What would happen if something dark and sinister got ahold of some tiny part of a child, like say some strands of hair or even a bit of a shirt or favored object, then used it to make a voodoo doll?  Okay, NOW let's say that the voodoo doll as dropped into a blender and the blender was then turned on to puree?  What do you suppose would happen?

Not that I would condone anything like that in a game, of course....

Comte

Actually I was just thinking about whipping up some voodoo rules for Little Fears, it is probely all the Le Mon Mori stuff I have been writing recently.  Anyway, I think voodoo rules could be very effective for little fears, and I also think that they could work both ways.  I.E. if the children got ahold of some specail part of the monster and threw that into a blender...well we could have a pleasent splash in closet land.

The problem with this should be apparent to most by now.  So the solution I came up with is that denizens of closet land may not use voodoo powers unless the child has first.  Also the creature can not use voodoo to any greater degree than the child.  This could lead to some interesting situations with a monster goading on a little kid before suddenly turning on her one night after amassing a large number of personal effects.  hmm looks like I'll be making a post to the new creatues section soon enough.
"I think where I am not, therefore I am where I do not think.
What one ought to say is: I am not whereever I am the plaything of my thought; I think of what I am where I do not think to think."
-Lacan
http://pub10.ezboard.com/bindierpgworkbentch