News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

mass combat

Started by svenlein, April 24, 2003, 09:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toli

Quote from: Darth Tang
Quote from: toliAs I noted above, there was also a free download version of the GURPS mass combat rules.  NT

You noted, BUT YOU DID NOT SAY WHERE!

Pony up the address, or prepare for the Hubcap of Shame!

All right already....here it is.  

If you type in "GURPS mass combat" on Google it is the first thing to come up.  It was from Roleplayer Magazine

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/Roleplayer/Roleplayer30/MassCombat-Land.htmlbeen from

NT
NT

toli

Quote from: Brian Leybourne
What I was getting at is that there's a limit as to how many men in a unit can fight another unit.

One point RE  # of men.  I agree only so many can fight, but all of them can push.  The weight of numbers would be important in some tactical circumstances, not for killing or wounding enemy soldiers but for disrupting their lines.  This was certainly the objective in Greek/Macedonian phalanx type warfare.  It would apply to things like breaking shield walls ect..It might be relevant to two pike blocks or something...

NT
NT

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Darth TangYou noted, BUT YOU DID NOT SAY WHERE!

It took me about 4 seconds in google to find them, Darth...

BTW, not much of the GURPS mass combat stuff is anything that I would want to emulate or draw from in TROS - it's far too much number crunching and "cold", missing all the fun of TROS fighting.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

toli

Quote from: Brian LeybourneBTW, not much of the GURPS mass combat stuff is anything that I would want to emulate or draw from in TROS - it's far too much number crunching and "cold", missing all the fun of TROS fighting.

Brian.

Oh I'd agree more or less.  It just fill the present gap...that's all.

NT
NT

Darth Tang

The answer to the Riddle of Steel: use a bow. From behind a wall. While they're asleep. The Riddle of Steel is to stay out of reach.

toli

Quote from: Darth Tanggoogle?

It is a search engine

http://www.google.com/
NT