News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Aisling combat

Started by taalyn, April 19, 2003, 01:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taalyn

Lance,  you're saying have set levels (i.e. everyone gets SSLHMID) and then use a different scale to apply values/threshold numbers to each wound level.

E.g.

Str 1:  5-7-10-14-19-25-32
Str 2:  7-9-12-16-21-27-34
str 10: 14-20-...

or something along those lines?  

You're right about the breaking points, of course. As I've said before, I get lost for the trees...

Aidan
Aidan Grey

Crux Live the Abnatural

Lance D. Allen

The specific numbers will probably need to be tweaked in playtesting, but yes, something like that.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

taalyn

Gotcha. Thanks Lance.  

In other news, I've eliminated my complicated passion thingy. Passions are still there, a la TRoS SAs, but I don't see a need for distinguishing various kinds. As long as the options are there...

I have also expanded the Aspect system (Black Meg's Tough Skin is simply as Aspect of her Strength, which includes stamina, endurance, constitution, etc.). Corona, a measure of "bright burning"-gone. Boons - gone. Instead of a Blessing (the white mote), it's a Boon. Need to find the opposite for a curse...

Read Criticial Miss this weekend, and their parody o how to make a Something: the Something-or-Other game. I was afraid my game would tend in that direction, but I've found 2 important differences, which is comforting. There is no big evil, period. Even the Butcher of Yzzorderrex can be reconciled. Also, stylistically, WoD games tend to use lots of victorian terms, which are always capitalized. You are Kindred, not kindred. Ailing may have lots of strange terminology, but once introduced, none of this Capitalize Everything Business.

Aidan
Aidan Grey

Crux Live the Abnatural