News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Recoil: Concept

Started by Lance D. Allen, April 11, 2003, 04:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Sounds pretty good, Lance. Especially keeping things blind. That way players won't have a target to keep an eye on. They'll spend when neccessary, and consider things closely in non-essential circumstances.

Still, I sorta like that Conviction stat idea. Somethig to mix things up a bit. And if, while you're at it, you can get the player's Convictions to conflict with the misssion priorities, I think you're on the road to some interesting intra-party play. One of the great things aobut mission-style play is that intra-party conflict is always cool. The characters have strong incentives to keep from really going off on each other, but that just eans that things simmer for long periods. And it's cool to see the mission format bust open when a player finally does have his character go rogue.

Got any rules for that?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Lance D. Allen

Rules for going rogue...

That would be kinda difficult. I mean, when you ReCoil, nobody can make you come back, but chances are, you're going to run out of Mortis eventually, which means you go back Outside And once you're there, only Mortis can send you back.

Hm. I guess I could see this becoming an interesting story twist... Something to think about.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls