News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

toughness too useful

Started by PAD the MAD, April 13, 2003, 05:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toli

Thank you....thank you....

NT:)
NT

murazor

QuoteI still say the simplest thing is to allow TO to negate ST but not create a negative wound level, at least for bladed or punture weapons.
My immediate reaction was; You mean that isn't the way it's meant to work? It seems so obvious, but if it's not specified in the rules I can certainly see how toughness becomes a monster stat. Don't know if I'd have remembered to include it when I set up a game though, so it's good of you to bring it up.
Kudos!

Bob Richter

Quote from: Brian Leybourne
Quote from: Bob RichterST does NOT cancel out TO under the current rules unless the two are EXACTLY equal. What are the chances of that?

Ah, that would be why I said "more or less". After all, given that the average for both is 4, they more or less cancel each other out in the current system.

Brian.

That's using a definition of "more or less" which totally alters the thrust of your argument, especially considering that it's now the difference between a nasty bruise and an imploded skull. :)

You get an idea of just how sick TO is when you realise that with TO 8, you just don't have to block sometimes. After all, it's not often that you'll forgo the use of armor just because you CAN. :)

Actually, I'm mostly just bothered that there isn't a single case I can think of where TO is actually ROLLED.

It's not like TO is any worse than HP or something. Actually, it's considerably better.

It's just not Perfect.
So ye wanna go earnin' yer keep with yer sword, and ye think that it can't be too hard...

Jake Norwood

I call TO rolls against skills pretty frequently.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Vanguard

Yeah, agreed.

Toli's suggestion is most sound.  Shall be using it.

Take care
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger - or a cripple.

Bob Richter

Quote from: Jake NorwoodI call TO rolls against skills pretty frequently.

Jake

Give me an example?

I've never seen fit to do so.
So ye wanna go earnin' yer keep with yer sword, and ye think that it can't be too hard...