News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

FulminataD20, pdf?

Started by Fnork de Sporg, April 13, 2003, 05:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnork de Sporg

While I am overjoyed at then new edition of Fulminata, and can only hope  that it will bring ther game line, and ancient roman based gaming as genre, that much more success, I am bothered and puzzled by an odd aritfact of your press release. It is only ever described as a 200 page PDF available from RPGnow. Now, I can certainly understand if this were to be it's first release, and that you would not want to put out a date or details for the print release that could then turn out to be horrible wrong, but as it stands your press release seems to imply that this will be a PDF only product. Will it? Or is a printed edition also planned?
Everything everyone know is stupid.

The definition of Hubris is thinking you're better than Me.

GMSkarka

No print edition is planned.   The D20 version will be pdf-only. (although we're still considering whether or not to also offer it as a Print-On-Demand version, since RPGnow also offers that service)

There will be no hardcopy version of the D20 edition available through distribution and retail, though.

GMS
Gareth-Michael Skarka
Adamant Entertainment
gms@adamantentertainment.com

Fastred

How is the PDF release progressing? I'm keen to get my hands on it :)

Regards

Jeremy

GMSkarka

It's going well, although we have to push the release back to July.  :(

Other responsibilities had to take precedent (contracts with other publishers, the ORIGINS convention coming up this week, and my own cross-country move plans).

I could release now, but I want to go over it again--it's a large game, and I'm looking at ways of presenting it so that players don't have to wrestle with hundreds of PDF pages (not to mention the fact that I want to double-check to make sure that all of my d20 conversions are in and not contradicted by existing text).

GMS
Gareth-Michael Skarka
Adamant Entertainment

Robert Ahrens

Gareth,

I was wondering if you could reveal any details of your d20 conversion to us.  I'm quite interested in the more "fringe" things that have been done with d20/OGL systems, like, say, Mutants & Masterminds or the OGL compliance rules at the back of GODLIKE.  Can I ask if you're includng

* classes
* levels
* Hit Points in the traditional D&D sense (ie. increase by level, etc)
* multiple die types
* hero / fate points for bumping important rolls
* what features are there to the magic system?

Of course, you may be under an NDA, or just not want to talk spoilers, which I'll understand.  TBH, I'll probably buy this anyway as I'm intersted in FVLMINATA but don't really yearn for the system, from what I've heard of it.

Thanks in advance for your reply, and good luck with the move.

- Scorpio muzzle loading.

GMSkarka

Briefly (because it will be release this month):

Classes, no.
Levels, yes
Hit Points in the trad sense....yes, sorta.
Multiple Die types, yes
Hero/Fate points....not as such, but bumping rolls will be present, based on the Patron Gods system that I'm using in place of Alignment.

Hope that helps.

GMS
Gareth-Michael Skarka
Adamant Entertainment

Robert Ahrens

That does, thanks.  And I'm buying.

Looking forward to this.

- SR.

Fastred

I will be buying too...

Looking forward to it.

Do you know anything about the status of other supplements?

Regards

Jeremy

Fastred

Quote from: GMSkarkaIt's going well, although we have to push the release back to July.  :(

How are things ? Just eager for the PDF !

Cheers

Jeremy

GMSkarka

SOrry about the lack of updates.   Things have been incredibly busy on my end, and I'm afraid the FVLMINATA has received the least of my attention over the past few weeks.

It's still coming, though, and I expect to release in September.

GMS
Gareth-Michael Skarka
Adamant Entertainment

Mean Eyed Cat

RPGNow had a release date of September 30th for Fulminata but now its gone.  Also, it's not listed in the upcoming products list.  

Is there a new release date for Fulminata?

GMSkarka

Quote from: Mean Eyed CatRPGNow had a release date of September 30th for Fulminata but now its gone.  Also, it's not listed in the upcoming products list.  

Is there a new release date for Fulminata?

Sorry about that!   Error on my part, and I'm glad you mentioned it, otherwise I wouldn't have caught it.

I pushed FVLMINATA D20 back one week, to give me a little more time to double-check it against compatibility with the new 3.5 edition rules.   It's coming out on 10/6.

However, when I updated it at RPGNow, I mistakenly put 9/06, so the system didn't list it in upcoming products!   Thanks for catching that.

It's listed here:

http://www.rpgnow.com/upcoming.php

GMS
Gareth-Michael Skarka
Adamant Entertainment

Fastred

Hmmm...

I can't seem to find Fvlminata at RPGNow.com....

Its gone from the 'upcoming products' list, but now on the new products list yet.

:)

Regards

Jeremy

Mean Eyed Cat

Hmmm...  Fvlminata's release date was December 1st...  Now its gone from RPGNow (including the upcoming list).

Any word on this?

quinchris

I don't supose there's any more news on this?

Chris