News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

To Mr. Langford: Special Theory of Roleplaying

Started by CplFerro, April 15, 2003, 08:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Joueur

Hey Ron,

Quote from: Ron EdwardsMy call is that the Corp has stated his point, and it is at least clear to us what he means. The following:

Quote from: CplFerroWhat strikes me with Simulationism is that it is, for reasons given, the sine qua non of Exploration. That is, without that drive, there is no game. Thus, the amplifying effect of Simulationism you highlight is really a drive to expunge those interpersonal agendas, which are like contaminants, in a sense.
... isn't controversial, I think, stripped of the writer's judgmental phrasing. And why carp about someone's personal preferences? That's where Forge discussion says, "How interesting, old bean," and leaves it at that, at least in my view.
Only for two reasons:
    Given as a proof, these resounded like 'this is fact' and not opinion; I wanted that clear.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that no Exploration occurs without Simulationism; I said that was backwards[/list:u]Only minor quibbles, I grant, but
everyone knows how I get, especially when dismissed.

Fang Langford
Fang Langford is the creator of Scattershot presents: Universe 6 - The World of the Modern Fantastic.  Please stop by and help!