*
*
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 07:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 66 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Errata  (Read 3342 times)
rafial
Member

Posts: 594


WWW
« on: April 18, 2003, 09:44:27 AM »

One item Rich mentioned in the actual play thread was that you get three extra damage points per boost when hitting someone in Melee.  I figured I'd cross posts it back here in case anybody ever came looking.

Also, this can be figured out from the book, but both Endurance and Knowledge are missing from the character sheet.  Endurance (which is called Endure in a few places) is a Body skill, and Knowledge is under Perception.

So here's an actual question for Rich:  In the character generation rules, in the main text it says you divide J, 10, 8, 7, 7, 7, 6, 5 among your attributes, but in the examples it uses J, 10, 9, ...   Which one was intended?
Logged
Rich Ranallo
Member

Posts: 20


WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 03:21:18 PM »

Quote from: rafial
One item Rich mentioned in the actual play thread was that you get three extra damage points per boost when hitting someone in Melee.  I figured I'd cross posts it back here in case anybody ever came looking.

Now that I'm going to be correcting it anyway, I'm probably going to expand the combat issue a bit, giving players some options on what to do with Boosts in combat...they could do a bit more damage, ignore the target's armor, get an advantage on thier next attack, whatever.  If you've played Unknown Armies, think of how "cherries" work.
Quote from: rafial
Also, this can be figured out from the book, but both Endurance and Knowledge are missing from the character sheet.  Endurance (which is called Endure in a few places) is a Body skill, and Knowledge is under Perception.

The Endure/Endurance thing got mixed up quite a bit, but they're still the same skill.  I left Knowledge off because it's really a loose grouping of skills, so "History," Philosophy," "Law," etc. all fall under that header, and are basically write-in skills.
Quote from: rafial
So here's an actual question for Rich:  In the character generation rules, in the main text it says you divide J, 10, 8, 7, 7, 7, 6, 5 among your attributes, but in the examples it uses J, 10, 9, ...   Which one was intended?

The character creation text is right; it looks like some text in the example slipped through the cracks when I messed with the numbers.

Rafial, before you started posting here, I only found one mistake in the entire book.  Now you've got me worried.
Logged

"Rock and Roll will be the new planetary culture, believe it or not."
-Prof. Michio Kaku
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Oxygen design by Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!