News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Portrait Character Sheets anyone?

Started by Eamon Voss, April 20, 2003, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamon Voss

I hate landscape character sheets.  I hate them with the sort of passion that a FUDGE player will generally reserve for the Rolemaster's charts.  I've tried to make a landscape character sheet for TROS, but my skills at character sheet design have never been good.

Could someone please make a portrait character sheet?  Please?
Realism in a melee game is not a matter of critical hit charts, but rather the ability to impart upon the player the dynamism of combat.

PAD the MAD

Hi there,

If youhave access to a scanner you could scan the existing one, chop out the bits and rearrange them (possibly with a bit of resizing). That might do the trick.

Personally I like the landscape style sheets because they more or less fit around the table leaving the centre clear(ish) for munchies and/or maps.

BFN

Paul
You know you're an Evil GM when your players make up back up Rolemaster characters in readiness for the next session

Eamon Voss

Quote from: PAD the MADHi there,

If youhave access to a scanner you could scan the existing one, chop out the bits and rearrange them (possibly with a bit of resizing). That might do the trick.

Except I don't have the software to do such things.  :'(
Realism in a melee game is not a matter of critical hit charts, but rather the ability to impart upon the player the dynamism of combat.

Mokkurkalfe

I sometimes use Excel for character sheets. Usually very compact, so you can cram an entire character onto one single page.
Joakim (with a k!) Israelsson

Sneaky Git

Quote from: Eamon VossCould someone please make a portrait character sheet?  Please?
I have one, made on MS Word.  But I'm not going to be where I can get at it for about two weeks.  Vacation and all that.  If you can wait...great.  If not, sorry.

I warn you, however, that it is not a pretty character sheet...purely functional.

Chris
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

arxhon

What i did when i modified the character sheet was to take a screenshot and then open the screenshot on Photoshop, then cut and paste bits here and there to get what i wanted.

You can do mostly the same thing with MS paint (included with windows), but the software is kinda junky.

Eamon Voss

Quote from: arxhonWhat i did when i modified the character sheet was to take a screenshot and then open the screenshot on Photoshop, then cut and paste bits here and there to get what i wanted.

You can do mostly the same thing with MS paint (included with windows), but the software is kinda junky.

Can you supply what you created?  I would be overjoyed.

prophet118

give me about an hour or so, and i'll finish converting the normal sheet to portait

all i am doing it taking the character sheet out of the pdf in picture format (i could edit, but i wont) and printing a new pdf from word....i will upload it to my webspace and post the link
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."

Check out my art site! http://prophet118.deviantart.com
Wanna Buy a Poster?  http://www.deviantprints.com/~prophet118/

arxhon

WEll, it isn't portrait, or whatever the regualr way is called. It's in landscape, or whatever the character sheet is currently presented in, so i'm not sure if you want it.

Enoch

You know you can take parts of the character sheet and copy them as pics and rearrange them with a program like Power Point or Word (if you don't have publishing software like Pagemaker or Publisher or what not).  I tried to do it, but I didn't want to take the time to finish.

I personally make a new character sheet for each of my new characters anyway.  Made an Ed ripoff (from Cowboy Bebop) and made the character sheet out of a round piece of paper and crayon.  Had a smily motif.

-Joshua
omnia vincit amor
The Enclave

Ashren Va'Hale

Ed... thats scary.... how did you do that character? I have to know......
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

prophet118

damn it sure took a long time to post....phew...

anyways, i got it into word, and all set up, just havent turned it into a pdf just yet, i will in the morning though, having a little trouble with my printer drivers
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."

Check out my art site! http://prophet118.deviantart.com
Wanna Buy a Poster?  http://www.deviantprints.com/~prophet118/