News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

RPG-Index: Sorcerer included

Started by greyorm, April 23, 2003, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyorm

There's a new site trying to index all the games ever published since D&D first came out. On a lark, I checked to see if Sorcerer was included in this list and discovered it (and all its supplements) were!

The index is pretty comprehensive in terms of detail, and has room for user-submitted comments, corrections and such. Just an FYI.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

That's an enjoyable site to cruise around in. I'm going to have to submit some corrections, though ... I have no idea where the middle inital "E" came from, and the issue of PDF vs. hard copy for the mini-supplements is a sticky one (some are available as hard copy, some aren't, and some are sort of sometimes-yes sometimes-no).

Best,
Ron

Valamir

They've done their homework that's for sure.  Every indie game I tried came up complete with publisher, links, description, and cover shot.

Ron Edwards

Ah-ha! This is a revamp of the old Purple Dragon RPG Index site run by Sebastian Dietz, a long-time Sorcerer booster. It took me a bit to figure that out. Used to be a link on the old Sorcerer site until it went off-line for a while.

It's good to see it back, especially with the awesome attention to detail and cover graphics, and I'm popping up the homepage on the Sorcerer links page ASAP.

Best,
Ron

Valamir

Ron Edwards

None that I know of, Ralph. You'd have to ask them.

All I know is that Jim is a midwestern American and Sebastian is European (the original site's primary language was German), but no immediate conclusions are available from that.

Best,
Ron

Mike Holmes

If you're looking for an index then I think that it's hard to improve on the inestimable Mr. Kim's site:

http://www.darkshire.org/~jhkim/rpg/index.html

It includes not only Sorcerer, but much more obscure games.

His section on Free RPGs is, for example, unparalleled IMO.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Mike Holmes
His section on Free RPGs is, for example, unparalleled IMO.

The dude even includes international (foreign) RPGs, even indie ones.

I've gotta get back to him with info on those Japanese games he wanted...
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Thalendar

Hi, this is Sebastian Dietz here. But no, I'm not related to Jim Dietz.

Concerning the RPG Index, I'm trying to do my best :-)

And yes, I would love to see Japanese games in my Index! Every bit of help is appreciated.