News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Pool: Dragons and Jasmine

Started by Ron Edwards, April 24, 2003, 12:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Quote from: James V. WestSee, I play The Pool and TQB much the same way as Ron demonstrates here. The only real difference is I'm not that good at it! Just ask Nathan, Bob, Raven, and Mike. Hehe.

Stop with the false modesty, James. Sure you play hands-off, with the exception of the scene flashing, but that's just what that band of Pervy Narrativists above demand. So you catered to the needs well in that game which is all a GM can do.

Anyhow, players like Nathan and Bob (OK, and me, too when the spirit catches me), do actually go farther than what's described above in terms of just describing character. I, for example, create NPCs willy-nilly when I get an MoV. But that's OK, it just means that the game is flexible enough to allow that sort of play, or the more traditional sort of play.

I wouldn't say that "vanilla" director stance is the default of The Pool. It's just one of many styles supported by the system. So, yes, you don't have to be pervy with the mechanics provided, but you also don't have to not be pervy.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.