News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

HELP! I can't remember which RPG this is...

Started by Sindyr, April 26, 2003, 11:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sindyr

I am not sure if I have posted this in the right forum(s), but I am trying to remember where I came across an interesting game, and thought this would be the place to find help on that.

As I remember, the dice mechanic was interesting. Here is what I think I remember, although one or more of the following may not be accurate:

[*] I think the game said you can use whatever sided-dice you like, and I think in their examples they used d10s.
    [*] The player rolled a number of these dice, and the GM also rolled a number of these dice.
    [*] The player rolled a number based on his stats.
    [*] The GM rolled a number based on the difficulty, higher difficulty = more GM dice to roll.
    [*] The dice on each side weren't simply added. I can't remember clearly how the dice were compared. I think *maybe* it had soemthing to do with sets of dice. In other words, whoever had the most *matching* dice won. [/list:u]

Does any of this sound familiar?

Thanks.
    -Sindyr

Sindyr

OK, addendum...

One thing I am certain of is that the GM rolls a certain number of dice based on the difficulty.

IE, there is no difficulty "number" that the players have to beat.  The players simply have to roll better than the GM, and the GM gets more dice the more difficult the task is.

So, although for a moment I thought Godlike was what I was trying to remember, I do not think it is the one I am thinking of now.

Any ideas?
    -Sindyr

Thomas Tamblyn

Sounds like sorcerer/donjon.

Player rolls Vs Gm.  The highest dice is what's important.  Get the highest dice and you win with margin equal to the number of your dice that beat opponent's highest dice.

Sindyr

Damn, I'm an idiot.  :)

I think it's Sorceror I am thinking of - a game I do not have, but I must have absorbed through hanging out here.

Gah.  Sorry for the disturbance.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
    -Sindyr