News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Player's Guide Update

Started by Matt Gwinn, May 07, 2003, 07:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

Just wanted to keep everyone updated on what's happening with the Player's Guide.

I just wrote some rules for Steroid Use, Pain Killers & Addiction and Surgery.  I'm pretty pleased with it.

,Matt G.
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Mike Holmes

All this stuff still on track for the GenCon release? How many products are you thinking right now?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Matt Gwinn

I am realeasing the new edition of Kayfabe which will be about 80 pages from the looks of things.  There will also be a 24 page Player's Guide and a 24 page Booker's Guide, but those are PDF only and really only of use to people who own the original printing of Kayfabe (both supplements are included in the new version).  I pay print up some ash cans of them however and email the PDF to anyone that buys the supplements at the con.

I have been considering reprinting last year's Kayfabe and the two supplements and having 3 printed products for con, but I'm not sure.  That would end up as a 40 page rulebook and two 24 page supplements.  I was looking forward to having Kayfabe perfect bound, but having 3 actual books might add the illusion of Kayfabe being a "supported" system (even though the same material would be available either way.

What do you think?

,Matt
On sale now at

Mike Holmes

I'm confused. If you have an 80 page version, why would you reprint the 40 page version?

Mike

Matt Gwinn

QuoteI'm confused. If you have an 80 page version, why would you reprint the 40 page version?

I actually don't have an 80 page version yet.  What I have is approx 48 pages of new material that I need to do something with.

OPTION 1
I add that 48 pages to the existing rules, making Kayfabe an 80 page  perfect bount book.  I will also do two PDFs which contain only the 48 pages of new material (24 pages each).  The two 24 page PDFs will be for the benefit of those who have already bought Kayfabe, so they don't have to buy the new version to get the new material.

OPTION 2
Instead of adding the full 48 pages to the existing rules, I will leave it pretty much as is and reprint it.  Then print two 24 page saddle stitched supplements using that 48 pages.  This will allow me to bring 3 different saddle stitched books to gencon instead of just one.

Make sense?

,Matt G.
On sale now at

Mike Holmes

One 80 page perfect bound book. Definitely.

That's just one weirdo's opinion, tho. What do others think?

Mike

Todd Bogenrief

I'd think one 80 page perfect bound book would be nice as well.
-Todd "Bogie" Bogenrief