News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A Trollbabe Idea

Started by jburneko, May 01, 2003, 07:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jburneko

I had a very neat idea for Trollbabe.  Is there anyway to produce and distribute or at least distribute so that we can produce a poster-sized version of the world map provided in the text of the game?  I'm thinking of the world map on one side and the close up maps on the other.

Since part of Trollbabe is players pointing to parts of the map as their next destination, I thought it might be a neat tool for tracking the trollbabe's travels.  If each group has a poster map they can pin it up on a wall near their gaming table and make notes, draw pictures, connect the dots, whatever as sort of visual log of the saga they are creating.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Jesse

Valamir

Find a location with a plotter.  Anyone big enough to handle blueprints could print a poster.  Know any engineers or architects willing to do a little after hours work?

Most copy shops can do larger than normal size and even laminate, but not all can go all the way up to big movie poster size.

Clinton R. Nixon

I've an idea on how to do that. Cafepress.com can make posters for you. Ron wouldn't make a ton of profit on 'em, but this would probably be an item that wouldn't sell in high quantities anyway.

It'd be highly appreciated, though. Ron, if you have a high-resolution image of that map, I'll volunteer to help you set up the Cafepress side of it. If someone else would volunteer to color the map, this could be damn cool.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

jburneko

That Cafepress idea is a good one.  I was just thinking of a poster sized copy of the art so that I could take it down to Kinkos but hell, I'll purchase a preprinted one from Cafepress.

Jesse

Ron Edwards

That's neat! I like the idea of all three maps on one side so you can see them at once.

Clinton, I'll be in touch. I'm pretty sure my current electronic copies are high-res.

Best,
Ron

greyorm

I'm willing to do the coloration, so if you want me to, just let me know. I can send map samples if necessary.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Matt Snyder

Ron, your maps are indeed high res. Very hi-res, in fact. I just took a look at all of the maps, and they would blow up nicely. I can put together some labeled versions and resize appropriately. One easy option would be 11x17 inch paper, which most copy houses could easily output (and laminate). I think they could be even larger, though I'm not aware of standard poster dimensions, if any.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Clinton R. Nixon

Matt,

Awesome.

The reason I mentioned CafePress is solely so Ron can provide these with no cost to himself.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ron Edwards

Oooohhh ...

You know, if you guys (Clinton, Matt, Raven) can play nice together ... can you all set this up so that the little clicky-button at Cafepress is all set to go?

My only next concern is payment. I think it ought to go to Rod and Ben (the map artists), with all the rest of the deal being basically volunteer on your guys' parts. Any objections to that?

Also, there is no deadline and no rush. We're all just talking about it, and no one is "holding up" anything if we take a little while to work it out.

Best,
Ron

Ben Morgan

I am absolutely flattered. I'm sure Rod Anderson is, too. I would love to have one of these on my wall.

I'm anxious to see what Raven can do with the coloring.
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Ron EdwardsOooohhh ...

You know, if you guys (Clinton, Matt, Raven) can play nice together ... can you all set this up so that the little clicky-button at Cafepress is all set to go?

My only next concern is payment. I think it ought to go to Rod and Ben (the map artists), with all the rest of the deal being basically volunteer on your guys' parts. Any objections to that?

Also, there is no deadline and no rush. We're all just talking about it, and no one is "holding up" anything if we take a little while to work it out.

No objections by me. Matt, you can e-mail me for info on how to get the maps to me, and I'll get 'em to Raven.

We'll need your help with a few things, Ron: basically, you have to set a price at CafePress. It can be as low as the basic retail price for an item (earning no profit) to whatever you want (earning a profit equal to the item's price minus the minimum price.) I'll e-mail you with details.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Rod Anderson

I confirm that, as Ben suggests, I am flattered! This all sounds fine to me; I'll be watching this thread in case any input is needed from me.

Rod