News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Transbots peculiarities

Started by Norbert, May 03, 2003, 01:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norbert

Hello,

As you probably all know, the series seed The Transbots was chiefly based on the Transformers cartoon (with maybe also a nod to their one-time competitor show, Challenge of the Go-Bots).

I only just noticed that one of the big differences between the original 1980s Transformers series and The Transbots is that, in the original cartoon, the Transformers were all from the planet Cybertron, and had survived millions of years.
Technically, Optimus Prime and his closest friends were at least 8 million Earth-years old. In the premise to The Transbots, it says that all those sentient robots are the inventions of a contemporary Earth engineer and industrialist, Trevor Hasting.
So, the Transbots, at the time of their series, can only look back on a couple of years' existence, and they have never been on another planet than Earth. Right?

This makes them very different from Hasbro's Transformers, after all.

Q:  Was this done in order to allow for better opportunities for human companions to the 'bots, or human NPCs?

Cynthia Celeste Miller

As much as I'd like to say, "Yes, Norbert, that's exactly why I did it", the truth of the matter is actually pretty lame.  You see, I just started writing, with the goal of creating a Transformers-like series.  There was no real rhyme or reason to it.  It just happened to come out that way.  Later on, with Eddy and Chase's help, we expanded upon that further.

I guess in the back of my mind, I was just trying to do something a bit different than the Transformers and Go-Bots.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Norbert

Hello.

I just thought I might want to post this here:
I put two new, further Transbots designs (the trucks *g*) into the files for the Spectrum Game Studios yahoogroup, ...
you'll find them - if you are subscribed to the yahoogroup - at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spectrumgamestudios/files/

They're in a folder I named "Norbert's Sample Characters".

I haven't really used these 'bots in a game, yet, but I am planning to hand them to people at a convention as player-characters. They are about 90% complete. Let me know what you think of them.