News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Transbots origins

Started by Norbert, May 03, 2003, 12:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norbert

Well, let me say that whatever it was, it still came out as a pretty good concept. Sometimes those first loose ideas seem to work best. I absolutely like the series seed (*in case you couldn't tell*) and I can hardly wait for the Metal Wars book to get down to the REAL NITTY GRITTY on those 'bots.

By the way, since Iconia has the depictions of the various Warriors characters as action figures in their original packaging, I was wondering whether or not there might also be a section on toys like that in Metal Wars (sounds like a heavy metal episode of Celebrity Deathmatch, but that's just me), with pictures of the toy vehicles and a backstory on how the series came to be?

Thanks for all the replies.

Cynthia Celeste Miller

QuoteWell, let me say that whatever it was, it still came out as a pretty good concept. Sometimes those first loose ideas seem to work best. I absolutely like the series seed (*in case you couldn't tell*) and I can hardly wait for the Metal Wars book to get down to the REAL NITTY GRITTY on those 'bots.

Thank you, Norbert.  We're pretty darn happy with how Transbots came out too.  =0)

And, yeah, you're gonna love Metal Wars!  Plus, the Transbots was expanded to ready-to-run series status in the hardcopy CAH book.  

QuoteBy the way, since Iconia has the depictions of the various Warriors characters as action figures in their original packaging, I was wondering whether or not there might also be a section on toys like that in Metal Wars (sounds like a heavy metal episode of Celebrity Deathmatch, but that's just me), with pictures of the toy vehicles and a backstory on how the series came to be?

Unfortunately, there was no packaging for Iconia.  Time kinda ran short and it would've made the already-high art budget even higher.  So, it got ditched in favor of a full-page action figure advertisement.  It shows the toys themselves, but not in the packages.

That said, Darkness Unleashed will feature one of the action figures in the full-page toy ad.  Did I also mention that you'll get at least one filecard?

As for Metal Wars, nothing has been determined for toy art yet, though there WILL be some.  And we've talked about presenting tech-specs too.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Norbert

Whoops.
This should have been a mere reply to the thread called "Transbots peculiarities", not a separate thread.
I know what happened... I must have hit the "New Topic" button instead of the "Post Reply" button earlier today. My mistake.

I hope this doesn't unnecessarily eat up bandwith.
But you know how it is with these forums: once you hit the "send" button, there is absolutely no way for a non-administrator to take something back.