News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Profiling, spring 2003

Started by Ron Edwards, May 05, 2003, 03:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hix

Last: Universalis, D&D3E, Werewolf.

Most: Universalis, Paranoia, D&D3E.

Want: Legends of Alyria, Sorceror, Connected (yes, you guys have inspired me to work on a game).

Steve Hickey.
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

RobbieTaylor

What are the last three role-playing games that you actually, really played?

Hackmaster
Star Trek (Last Unicorn Version)
GURPS

What three role-playing games, out of ALL the ones you've EVER played, have you enjoyed the most?

Epilogue
Paranoia
Hunter: The Reckoning

What three role-playing games that you have NOT played would you most like to try at the moment?

Exalted
Silver Age Sentinels
BESM

Jonathan Walton

Last Played: Nobilis, Storypunk (playtest), Torchbearer (freeform PBeM)
Most Enjoyed: Nobilis, Rifts Wormwood, Vampire.
Want to Play: Paladin, Adventure, new Marvel Universe.

hardcoremoose

Last Played: EPICS, My Life with Master, Wraiths.

Most Enjoyed: The Pool, My Life with Master, Charnel Gods.

Most Wanted: Orkworld, Paka's Sorcerer & Sword setting (Mu), and, uh, howzabout Hero Wars.

- Scott

Edited to correct my Last Played category...I forgot I had played Wraiths more recently than Charnel Gods.

Ace

Quote from: Ron EdwardsHello,

This is a fun Forge thing that goes on two or three times a year. It goes like this:

What three role-playing games, out of ALL the ones you've EVER played, have you enjoyed the most?

What three role-playing games that you have NOT played would you most like to try at the moment?

Best,
Ron

Actually really played? D&D3e Buffy GURPS

Most Enjoyed? Buffy 2e (great campaign not rules) Rolemaster

Not Played? Witchcraft, Sorcerer, Low Magic D&D

Enoch

QuoteWhat are the last three role-playing games that you actually, really played?

The Riddle of Steel, Demon: The Fallen, AD&D 2E

QuoteThree role-playing games, out of ALL the ones you've EVER played, have you enjoyed the most?

Theatrix, The Riddle of Steel, Tribe 8

QuoteWhat three role-playing games that you have NOT played would you most like to try at the moment?

Pretender, Nobilis, Unworthy (using new ruleset)

-Joshua
omnia vincit amor
The Enclave

James Holloway

Last played: Unknown Armies, Story Engine, GODLIKE

Most enjoyed: Unknown Armies, Call of Cthulhu, ephemera (my mate Jeff's creation)

Want to try: WYRD, Riddle of Steel, InSpectres

morgue

Last played: Changeling (convention one-shot), D&D 3E (3 session micro-campaign, one-on-one), freeform fantasy (2 session micro-campaign, one-on-one)

Most enjoyed: (I've ignored one-offs even though they've been pretty memorable sometimes) Changeling, a hack of the Time Lord rules for a Buffy-inspired game, Call of Cthulhu

Want to try: Eden's Buffy, Mutants and Masterminds, Pumpkin Town

EDIT: Actually I've been wanting to run a Wraith game for five years or so but the time has never been right.  It doesn't strictly fit the category because I once ran a two-hour session of it, but it's worth mentioning.

morgue (morgan, actually, but I go by morgue in real life too)
My given name is Morgan but everyone calls me morgue. (Well, except my beloved grandma.)
I contribute to
Gametime, a New Zealand RPG groupblog

Balbinus

Ars Magica, without magi, Italy in 1218.  Call of Cthulhu, 1936 MI6 officers, no Cthulhoid elements, En Garde (played in a variety of online campaigns).

Call of Cthulhu, Gurps (despite my many dislikes for the system), En Garde (played in a variety of online campaigns).

Riddle of Steel, FVLMINATA, Flashing Blades.
AKA max

Mytholder

Last Three: GURPS Hellboy, Gamma World (d20 modern playtest), Dark Inheritance (again, d20 modern)

Most enjoyed: Nobilis, L5R, Vampire. Hellboy would be replacing Vampire if I hadn't been dying of toothache during two sessions.

Want to play: Mutants and Masterminds, Sorcerer, a homebrew a friend of mine is working on.

Fabrice G.

Hi,

Last : Sorcerer (GM), Brainsoda (indie french rpg, PL), Herowars (GM)

Most enjoyed: Sorcerer, OTE, Wraith

Want to play: Nobilis, Trollbabe, Violence Future (if it's ever made available far the masses)

Fabrice.

A.Neill

Last: The Morrow Project, Riddle of Steel, Slaine (D20)

Most enjoyed: Sorcerer, CoC, Judge Dredd (GW edition)

Want to play: The Pool, Universalis, Hero Wars

Alan.

johnmarron

Last Played:
Exalted, Swords of the Middle Kingdom, BESM

Most Enjoyed:
Everway, Tribe 8, Jorune

Most Want to Play But Haven't:
Wushu, something in Middle Earth (but nor Decipher), a good wuxia game

John

Tim C Koppang

Last Played:
BESM: Lain
Call of Cthulhu
Little Fears

Most Enjoyed:
Little Fears
Persona (homebrew)
InSpectres

Want to try:
Trollbabe
Universalis
The Pool

Jack Spencer Jr

Last played: A modified version of Warhammer Quest with some elements from Mordhiem and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. This was about the same time I lost interest in Warhammer in general.

D&D3e

A friend's homebrewed which, to me, seems overdone, but what the hell do I know?

Most enjoyed:I used to really enjoy Warhammer. I used to refer to the Warhammer World as D&D done right.

I have fond memories of playing Villians & Vigilantes.

Probably my best memory was the first time I played Basic D&D with a group. We were playing the included adventure that was in the red box set, not a module but the sample adventure in the DM's book. Clinton describes this feeling of freedom and excitement when you first play in his introduction to Donjon. And I haven't felt it since.

Want to try: This is in direct violation of rule #1 but I do not care.

I most want to play something I had written myself. If I manage to write three games, then it doesn't violate rule #1 after all.