News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PALADIN: I'd LOVE to see this in the future...

Started by Andy Kitkowski, May 05, 2003, 06:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

So the hardest part of gettng ready a game of Paladin (OK, ok, I've only run it once, but still...) is hammering out a code.

Sure, the code is going to depend on the background of the game setting to some degree, so hammering out a Code is an important part in the creation of the setting.

However, I'd love to see the following:

1) A supplement consisting solely of, say, 20-50 codes (fan submitted?) and a half-page write-up of each that details the setting that it comes from and a few critical details. Sort of like a Monster Manual of Codes and Paladin Orders.

2) A laundry list of 50-100 ideas that could be used for various minor, major and unbreakable laws. Again, these would have to be tailored to the setting, but at least a laundry list of ideas would have helped me out when I couldn't think of what to use for that last minor/major law.

Any thoughts?  This might be something unofficial that we could throw together ourselves.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Clinton R. Nixon

Andy,

Tell you what I'll do: I was already planning on putting many more examples of Orders and their Codes in the second edition of Paladin. Any you want to write (or get from others) will be considered for the text, with appropriate credits given.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Clinton R. NixonTell you what I'll do: I was already planning on putting many more examples of Orders and their Codes in the second edition of Paladin. Any you want to write (or get from others) will be considered for the text, with appropriate credits given.

Sweet!

The only slight problem with my involvement in that plan is the fact that I couldn't think of cohesive codes in the first place for the game I was running. :)

But if I come up with some for "possible future games of Paladin", which shouldn't be too hard, I'll run them past you. I just want to make sure that they're actually interesting and useful (above MM metaphor: "Displacer Beast") instead of 'out there' and not very playable ("Neo-Otyugh"). ;)

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Mike Holmes

How about just Otyugh's?

But seriously folks, that's an awesome idea. Sure, just one more thing to think about. Will the rapper one be going in? :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Bob McNamee

Feel free to use any of the one's Ive posted around here.
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

Andy Kitkowski

Quick question: I've come up with a few nascent ideas, and I'm wondering if I should plop some of them in this here thread for feedback and polishing?

'zat cool, or should I submit them to Clinton?

Clinton R. Nixon

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games