News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Guest of Honor at GenCon 2003

Started by Ron Edwards, April 17, 2003, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M. J. Young

Quote from: Nev the DerangedNow, see, if I come in the dealer's hall and give you money, then GenCon ends up costing me the 400$+ I spent my first year there, rather than merely the admissions, gas, food and lodging.
Nev, I've never been to GenCon, but according to the industry statistics I read a few years back, the average expenditure per gamer in attendance is $1000.

Sounds like you were frugal.

--M. J. Young

Nev the Deranged

The 400$+ was in ADDITION to the 400$ I spent on food, gas, lodging, and admission.

Which *sigh* am and wavering on whether to start saving up for again... if I reserve the hotel rooms now I might be able to afford it.... except that I can't afford to reserve the hotel rooms now.  >.<  Stupid catch-22.  And I refuse to use my credit card.  I refuse!  Dammit.

Anybody interested in sharing a room?

Ron Edwards

Nev, Nev. Did I tell you to read those Publishing threads, or did I not?

There are two rooms reserved for GenCon by me already, specifically for purposes of people crashing there on the cheap.

Of course, that's if you want to do the Exhibitor Badge thing and play tons of enjoyable demo games at the Forge booth for a lot of the con. Which, you know, is what you said you wanted to do anyway, actually play. Plus you'd have time to check out the rest of the con too.

$55 to me and after-con divvy-up payment for the hotel room. That's it. You'd have to be deranged to pass it up.

Umm, I could have put that last pitch-line better ...

Best,
Ron

Nev the Deranged

Well, I AM deranged, but your offer sounds good.  I read the Publishing thread but didn't realize the invitation was open to anyone.  I'm down for it.  Do you have any idea what the room charge will likely run?  Just a rough idea... so I know whether to save up a few hundred or what?  I'll try to remember to bring the cash to the game.

ejh

Holy cow, Ron, you look nothing like I would have imagined.  Given your role in the indie RPG community I think I expected something a little more like a Tarot-card Hermit. :-)

They done gone moved GenCon a helluva lot farther from me in Michigan than it used to be, unfortunately, but I'll make it if life lets me...

Congrats to all the awardees!

Mike Holmes

Quote from: ejhHoly cow, Ron, you look nothing like I would have imagined.  Given your role in the indie RPG community I think I expected something a little more like a Tarot-card Hermit. :-)

Funny, that's just how I'd describe Ron. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

James V. West

Yeah, I'm behind times. What's new?

Cogratulations, Ron! This is really a great thing and it speaks well for the future of the RPG industry to know that progressive creators are starting to get thier just dues.