News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TROS at Warehouse 23

Started by Jake Norwood, May 12, 2003, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

TROS is the featured game today at SJG's "Warehouse 23." Pretty cool, though--like all retailers--they're "currently out of stock." I find that sooooo dammmmmnnnn frustrating!

Jake

http://www.warehouse23.com/item.cgi?DFW1001
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Lance D. Allen

Well, it's kind of a double-edged sword..

On one hand, it means that people are buying it. On the other hand, it means that retailers are not ordering enough to keep it on the shelves, so new gamers cannot get it until it is.

Perhaps as it picks up, by word of mouth and by random purchase, the retailers will get the hint, and keep it on the shelves.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Eduardoh

Ok...this is my first post, and I´m from Brazil, so take it easy with my english! :)

I ordered my TROS a week ago from Warehouse23, it was OUT OF STOCK, I thought, what the Hell and ordered it anyway. They got a shipment the day after and send me the book. It stayed 1 day as NEW REALEASE and then went to OUT OF STOCK again.

I think it is pretty good, cause it means that they are selling out every copy they order.

I just hope some brazilian folks are buying, or else I´ll have to introduce them all to this wonderfull game.

Ok...Nice to meet everybody!

Ps.: I haven´t got my book yet, I think it will take 1 or 2 more weeks. :(

Ok that´s enough!

Eduardo

Brian Leybourne

Gidday Eduardo, welcome to the forum.

I'm glad to hear TROS has made it down your way - I'm going to be travelling through South America in a few weeks :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Ashren Va'Hale

Bem Vindo Eduardo, Vai ser um prazer ter alguem 'ca que fala a lingua! Devemos organizar um jogo somente em portuguese um dia deste....

In other words, welcome aboard!
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Mayhem1979

Ashren - Showoff :)

And welcome to the boards Eduardo

Eduardoh

Thank´s everybody.

Ashren, de onde voce é? de portugal?

Thank´s for the welcoming again!

See ya!

Eduardo

Durgil

They also have copies for sale at the Gamer's Attic for $29.50 USD, and they don't appear to be sold out.
Tony Hamilton

Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.  Horror and moral terror are your friends.  If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.  They are truly enemies.

Lance D. Allen

Yanno what's sad? The ignorance of some retailers. One of my incipient players went into a local gaming store to try to find a copy of TRoS (not Imperial Outpost.. Darrin is good about keeping it on the shelves) and was told flatly that it did not exist, because he couldn't find it or Driftwood in his catalogue. My player, luckily, had the pre-release copy I'd loaned him to take a look at in his car so he could prove the guy wrong, but with it being the older edition, the website address in it was wrong.

::feels the divine light of righteousness begin to shine down upon him:: Perhaps I should make it my quest to locate all of the gaming stores in the Phoenix Metro area, and go forth to enlighten them.. TRoS is real, and if you shelf it, they will buy.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Wolfen::feels the divine light of righteousness begin to shine down upon him:: Perhaps I should make it my quest to locate all of the gaming stores in the Phoenix Metro area, and go forth to enlighten them.. TRoS is real, and if you shelf it, they will buy.

That's what I did in Auckland, and it's worked out well.

The other great thing is to go in and offer to run a demo TROS game. People enjoy playing, or enjoy watching you run others through a game, and suddenly they all want copies. There's no gaming store in the world that will turn you down either, because it gets people in the store and once they're in, they usually buy stuff.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion