News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Warhammer - tRoS style?

Started by Flash, May 09, 2003, 10:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flash

Anyone done a conversions from the Warhammer Fantasy RPG to Riddle of Steel? Seems like they would be a perfect match.

Jake Norwood

I've heard it's been done several times. Have you asked around at RPG.net?

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

arxhon

I haven't done any kind of conversion work, but i've seriously considered it. WFRP is an old friend, a very old friend indeed. I even own both the Realm of Chaos hardcovers [/pointless bragging]

The biggest issue, imho, would be converting the magic. I don't think aging fits WFRP very well. Chaos would be somewhat easier to work through, and racial conversions would be a snap.

Hmmmm......considering that WFRP is once again owned by Games Workshop now that Hogshead is out of of the RPG business, an unofficial WFRP conversion pack may be in order. I might begin working on this, since i'm not in school and bored at the moment.

JESTER

I searched around at RPG.net, but didn't really find anybody that had done any serious work on a conversion for WFRP/TROS.

I think the two games go together like chocolate and peanut butter.
I don't have all that much time due to RL.  But maybe I will do some conversions of the WFRP careers over to TROS Skill packets.

I agree that agin doesn't fit very well into WFRP, but the effects of chaos would be great to model in the game.

Late,
Jester
[/quote]
"No plan survives contact with the enemy"  -Moltke

Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Jaif

QuoteI don't think aging fits WFRP very well.

So instead of aging someone, a failed aging roll produces a chaotic effect (tail, horns, whatever).  It's a natural fit.

-Jeff

JESTER

Or perhaps faield rolls acumulate points (Chaos points, Wild Magic points..???)  once these reach a certain point then a mutation of somekind would be acquired.  And perhaps one of these mutations could be Aging unnaturally..there does appear to be a lot of grey haired wizards running around in WFRP too. :)

Late,
Jester
"No plan survives contact with the enemy"  -Moltke

Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger

arxhon

QuoteSo instead of aging someone, a failed aging roll produces a chaotic effect (tail, horns, whatever). It's a natural fit.
QuoteOr perhaps faield rolls acumulate points (Chaos points, Wild Magic points..???) once these reach a certain point then a mutation of somekind would be acquired. And perhaps one of these mutations could be Aging unnaturally..there does appear to be a lot of grey haired wizards running around in WFRP too. :)

These are interesting thoughts. Gonna have to flip through the assorted RoC books and RoS as well, to see what these have to say on the subject.

I do recall that magic is basically Chaos in different "colors" (didn't read RoS that heavily), and that one can tap the power of Chaos directly thourgh Dark Magic. there is also something on "pools' of Dark Magic that will have a chance of mutating those exposed to it.