News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Brian's CHarGen is up!

Started by Jake Norwood, April 30, 2003, 05:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JESTER

Brian, I just sent you those two files..Install and Help

I think I may have just figured out the problem thou

My main drive is S: not C:

anyway I can make your program look in the S: drive instead of the C:
?

Sincerely,
Jester
"No plan survives contact with the enemy"  -Moltke

Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Brian Leybourne

Uh.. yeah, that would do it :-)

Try changing the "working directory" of the icon to s:\program files\ros. That might do it, otherwise I'm afraid it's not going to work - I was a lazy programmer and hardcoded c: drive. I can fix it, but not until I do an update.

Brian.

(edit: Or you could either change your main partition to c: (lots of work and not worth it for this) or better yet, simply create a very small c: partition, it only has to be a few megs. Partition Magic could do it for you, for example. Create a program files\ros directory in there and run the program from there. Rediculous that you would have to go to that, I must admit, but, well, I've never come across anyone using s: as their main drive before).
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

SheWolf

I do have one complaint. . . I can't tell how great it is because my monitor only supports 800 x 600! It won't install because I don't have a high enough res. . . any way the next release will work on dinosaur monitors? Please? PRetty please with sugar on top and a cherry? With a nice pint on the side? :-)

Brian Leybourne

Uh... no. Some of the forms have to hold so much information (the skills one especially) that there's just no way they could fit on an 800x600 screen.

I decided pretty early on to stick to 1024x768 - most people can support that even with fairly old machines.

Sorry!

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion