News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What Character are you Playing?????

Started by Jaeger, May 25, 2003, 12:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaeger

What charactor are you currently playing?

I'll start, my PC: made with insight , extra A,A,B, priorities.

Alejandro de la Spada,

He's a cross between Don Diego de la Vega in the origional Zorro books (1930's) and Inigo Montoya of the princess bride.

(Yes he's "Spanish/ish", kinda, I know very minimal spanish, and if I was fluent in the language I would play him as a different nationality, with the accent of a language I wasn't fluent in, beacuse it's more fun that way.)

SA's:
Faith: The Three Gods become One will protect him
Passion: Not to end up like Rodrigo and Diego
Drive: To bring honor to the Spada name
Destiny: To be a legendary avenger of injustice

Background:
 He's a landless Noble being taken from his homeland as a baby his family, banished from his home land fled to Angharad where they lived in seclusion near a monastary where his father had friends. His two older brothers Rodrigo and Diego, were old enough to remember the opulent life before thier father brought dishonor to the family by allowing his greed to lead him to betray his king.
  Forsaking the family name (and further sullying it in Alejandro's eyes) Rodrigo and Diego left when they were of age and became mercenaries and bandits. Known as Rodrigo the one-eye, and Diego of the Blade. They met thier fates in Stahl to become Rodrigo the no hands, then later, Rodrigo the no arms, then later on, Rodrigo the no arms,legs, or life. A few months after his demise, Diego met his more quickly, going from Diego of the Blade to Diego of the dead in one easy step.
 Now that Alejandro's of age he has chosen to keep his family name and to try and bring back the honor and prestige that the name Spada once had.

This character is kind of an in-joke based on two NPC's from a previous campaign.

And for the munchkin minded:
St: 5......Wp: 5
Ag: 8......Wt: 6
To: 4......Ma: 4
En: 4......Soc: 3
Ht: 3......Per: 6
CP: 15/16....reflex: 7
MP: 12.......aim: 6
cut & thrust: 8
throwing knives: 6
major gift accuracy
major gift ambidexterity
skils: 6/7 (I'm not listing them all)

So who are you playing? Come on, lets see 'em!
I care not.

Mayhem1979

Dude... I can't wait to GM you playing this guy :)

(Just gotta get hold of the other 2 ppl who said they were interested... normal mean of communication with them went poof)

Ashren Va'Hale

just to round this thread out with my old group:

I am currently gming, but I am hoping to start playing a character I created a long time ago in my first demo that jake ran at dragons keep remade now that I understand the system.
His name is the one I also used for teh nick on this board, basic concept is that of a conman with a philosophy of "why do it yourself when you can get someone else to do it for you>"
Basically he was raised in farrenshire where the class system is somewhat rigid and ettiquette, chivalry and social rules are the defining characteristics of life. Unfortunately he is but a peasant thus on the bottom rung of the social ladder. Being less than happy with his position in life, especially since hes way smarter than the fools who call themselves nobles and walk around as if they are better than everyone, Ashren uses his early found talent to lie like none other (Major Gift: Born Liar- like beauty of legends but only applies when lying in a social context or decieving others)to move up in social standing.
This ofcourse does not go over well with the real nobility who are rather embarassd once they realize tehy got the wool pulled over their eyes.  thus Ashren is on the run from those who want his head

SA's: Drive: rise in power
Destinty: be king for ONLY 1 day
Luck
Passion: Hate nobles
Passion: hate feudal society

These SA's have a bit to do with the theme of you become what you hate in fighting it.
His only stats worth mentioning are his wit(6), MA (5), and social (8). He has basically no combat ability.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Jake Norwood

Jaeger-

Your passion is more like a drive.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Lance D. Allen

I noticed the same, Jake. The character seems very interesting overall though, so I think it's a minor stumbling block. Perhaps you could redefine it to Passion: Loyal to the family/family name. That he doesn't want to wind up ignominously dead like his brothers is, I think a given. It seems that the main thrust of that SA was that he didn't want to be a disgrace to the family name, as they did.

Only a suggestion, of course.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Ashren Va'Hale

simpler: Passion: loyalty to family
Drive: not to end up like his brothers

Of course, since its just a nominal difference as the two function basically the same whether drive or passion then its really just semantics-
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

[FHE]dave

Here is my Char:
Name: Morgan Kell, from Oustenreich (but in our Campaign we don't yet use Weyrth
He was in the first Crusade, after it's end he married, she got a child and he settled down as a smith (he was a smiths apprentice before the war).
Then a marauding band from Ixiliaph murdered his family.

Philosophy: The gods have failed, now I'm on my own
SA:
Destiny: To avenge his family
Drive: Protect weak and innocent
Passion: Hates people from Ixiliaph
Concience
Luck

Skill Packages: Soldier/Craftsman
Minor Flaw: Phobia
Prof: 7 Longsword, 2 Bow
Attr: St 6 , Ag 6, To 7, En 2, Ht 2 (he was long in his smithhouse, not tooo healthy, but I already raised it with XP to 4),
WP 5, Wt 6, MA 6, Soc 2, Per 5