News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

really really wierd thing happened to my post

Started by Ashren Va'Hale, May 20, 2003, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashren Va'Hale

I was just reading the thread that was closed and I made a comment on it this morning that only showed up way later this evening and now it looks really odd as it was replying to a post on the first page and then shows up after the thread was closed making it look like I ignored jake and was blithering like an idiot about heaven knows what.

The later of course happens more often  but thats not the point...
point is that this time it wasnt for the normal reasons.
Any one know why my post might have taken so long to appear ?

Perhaps I did something goofy? Fluke? Odd Luck?

Just wondering
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Brian Leybourne

Interestingly, I had problems with that same thread as well. My comment (just before Jake closed the thread down) seems odd, since it clearly seems to indicate that I had not read the thread at all (or I would have known where the mentioned comments were) but I actually HAD, it just didn't show me the entire thread for some bizarre reason.

Very odd. I'll report it to Clinton and see if he can find any problems.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Balbinus

Jake reopened the thread so I could respond to Eamon, maybe you posted during that window of reopenness (not sure that word exists actually) without realising?

By the way, my comments there weren't aimed at you guys.  I say this just because your post Ashren gave me the impression you might think I was talking about you, I wasn't - I find your posts interesting and positive.

On which note I shall move on with swiftness and aplomb in the hope it all sinks off the first page before too long :-)
AKA max

Ashren Va'Hale

Ha! I think I was original responding to what you said on the first page, and there was no second page when I posted so it wasnt in that window of opportunity unless what Brian said happened to me too and I only could see the first page for some reason (browser refresh?)
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: BalbinusJake reopened the thread so I could respond to Eamon, maybe you posted during that window of reopenness (not sure that word exists actually) without realising?

Nah, when we say a thread is closed it just means "don't post there", it's not actually locked at all.

But Ash, yeah, I think maybe you're on to something. I think maybe I didn't get past the first page either, for some odd reason.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Ashren Va'Hale