News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A quick semi off topic question

Started by MonkeyWrench, September 19, 2003, 03:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeyWrench

Does anyone know where I can find cheap R E Howard Conan stories? I've heard them mentioned on the boards before and if I remember correctly they are mentioned in the RoS book. A search on Amazon came up with things like original hardcovers for $50, are there no collections or reprints? PM me if you can shed some light onto this.
-Jim

Snikwas

There are Conan Chronicles I and II (Fantasy Masterworks) published by Gollancz available in the UK. I bought them through the UK Amazon in paperback and are £6.39 each.

Robert E Howard - The Conan Chronicles I (Fantasy Masterworks)
ISBN: 1857989961

Robert E Howard - The Conan Chronicles: The Hour of the Dragon (Fantasy Masterworks)
ISBN: 1857987470

Snikwas

I forgot to mention: the two books contain all the Conan stories by Robert E. Howard wrote. I'm pretty sure that is the case.

kenjib

The cheapest way would be a library or used bookstore.  Conan should be easy to find at both.  You'll probably end up with the Ace paperback versions though, which were mangled by De Camp.  From all accounts, the versions with all of the De Camp/Carter stuff stripped out are much better but you might have to buy those new.
Kenji