News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Taveruun

Started by Brian Leybourne, May 22, 2003, 07:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morfedel

Gary_Bingham

Quote from: Mike Holmes
Quote from: Gary_Bingham
Maybe you can rethink the new port idea. We had originally discussed that since the South already had a major port in Illitizi the construction of a privateer port may be construed as competition by the South county. However with Illitzi currently a part of Numeria then the Southeastern highlord may be seeing a niche in the market so to speak and intends to capitalise on the south being portless in the south

I don't think that's neccessary, and I don't see your logic. Illitzi has no port at the moment, and no plans to get one. In fact, they might be happy to learn about Pendus Fain's alternative, as they can then use that as their port (as opposed to having to go to the dangerous, and probably heavily taxed Numerian port). I think he should keep that plot.

Mike
Sorry I didn't make my logic clear enough. I think James should keep the port as well. I didn't mean to suggest that he remove that idea. I feel that it is a visible extension of Coranthus's ambitions and as such is completely in line with his character as he had described him

However when James originally posted the Pendus Fain material I had concerns that the building of the new port would not be a viable undertaking as Taveruun already had an established port at the end of an imperial. Imagine all that produce flowing along the highway to and from Zahnitir on the Saphire Sea. I felt that Pendus Fain did not have the infrastructure in place to compete with Zahnitir in trade terms.

The picture has changed now that Zahnitir has been lost to the Numerians. As you say Mike now Illitzi and Taveruun has no southern port. A wholy unsatisfactory situation as far as the country is concerned. Taveruun needs access to the revenue coming from trade on the southern coast.

I merely thought that James had an opportunity to rationalise the new port idea by capitalising on the current situation that all the goods passing through Taveruun to and from Zahnitir would be subject to Numerian control and taxation. There may also be some motivation to extend the Imperial Highway from Illitzi to the new port.

Sorry if what I posted previously was unclear.
Gary

Morfedel

Works for me. Next weekend I'll hammer out some stuff.

Mike Holmes

Rethink the implications, not rethink doing it? Gotcha. Sorry.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.