News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Taveruun

Started by Brian Leybourne, May 22, 2003, 07:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Don't worry about it. I think Southwest was saved for me (still have not had time to read through everything; this weekend hopefully). Which although not what I had in mind should be interesting - the Taveruun/Dardanet border, and still some coastline to play with, etc.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Morfedel

Er, actually, I'm doing the soutwest. :(

I have been calling it Pendus Fain. Territory next to Savarastra.

Gary_Bingham

Quote from: MorfedelEr, actually, I'm doing the soutwest. :(

I have been calling it Pendus Fain. Territory next to Savarastra.
... psst .. that's Southeast James :)

Morfedel

Damn! someone beat me to it! :)

I made that post before my morning coffee. On my way in to work, the realization hit me, and I couldnt edit my post until lunchtime. I was hoping there would be a lull here.

Ya caught me out!

Mike Holmes

Hey, any chance that Gary and Brian's ideas on the West can be mashed together coherently? Maybe Brian can take them as inspirational material and rewrite it? Or you guys can work together to hack something out? I hate to see any idea go to waste. :-)

Just some ideas. In any case, Brian, you have SW, so maybe you can do some of the ideas there? Hopefully we can work this all out to the betterment of the entire project.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Nick the Nevermet

hey guys

I probably should have posted this about 2-3 weeks ago.
I'm gonna be MIA for about a month (comprehensive exams $#%&).  Sorry I'm not helping more with Taveruun or anything else.

Gary_Bingham

Quote from: Mike HolmesHey, any chance that Gary and Brian's ideas on the West can be mashed together coherently? Maybe Brian can take them as inspirational material and rewrite it? Or you guys can work together to hack something out? I hate to see any idea go to waste. :-)
I am willing to change or remove anything including removing the entire text to achieve an inclusive team here.

I have one idea which may help. How about the Kingdom of Kallary was swept aside during the Reformation of Taveruun in 1161 Weyr and never resurfaced with the Withdrawal of the Imperial Overlord in 1415 Weyr. This would leave Brian with The Imperial West County (1161-1415W) and the successor state (1415-1467W) to play with.

I would only ask that the Port of Kallary remain as a city in the new material though it does not necessarily have to be the capital of the county.

What do you say Brian?
Gary

Mike Holmes

That sounds very cool. Can you work with that, Brian?

Mike

Brian Leybourne

(Broke my own rule and deleted a post of mine after more than half an hour. Still, nobody had replied to it yet, and I wanted to change my mind).

OK, here's the thing. I'm quite flattered (and a little bemused, to be honest) that Gary and Mike are bending over backwards to accomodate me when I have already said three times that I was happy for Gary to keep West.

I've finally had a chance to read (well, skim) through everything and I'm going to say it again:

Keep West!

It's ok, really. Three reasons:

1) What you have done so far is cool and shouldn't be wasted.

2) Any spare writing time I have should really be used on stuff for The Flower of Battle anyway.

3) There's still South West, which doesn't have as many interesting naval possibilities and the puyre size of West, but does have the border with Dardanet, so I can have a play with that. The other ideas I had can wait until we do the next country after Taveruun that has a coast line and an excuse for a large indolent navy. In fact, some of my ideas were contrary to "canon" anyway, since even the main book mentions that West's navy is on the small side.

So, I will do South West (everyone take note and don't steal it from me *grin*) and also keep working on TFOB stuff (Mass Combat right now). Gary, you keep West and develop it more, etc. Whatever you like.

Sound fair?

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Gary_Bingham

Quote from: Brian LeybourneKeep West!
Ok...let me think...yep I think I got that <nodding like an idiot>

Quote1) What you have done so far is cool and shouldn't be wasted.
Thanks for the compliment Brian :) However now that i typed it out loud I quite like the idea of Kallary being a dead kingdom. It adds another layer under the surface of 'modern' Taveruun. Someone else can claim the Imperial West and what ever the successor state is called. I will tidy up the History of Kallary.

Quote2) Any spare writing time I have should really be used on stuff for The Flower of Battle anyway.
we still could use your help in Taveruun Brian, though I am really looking forward to TFOB.

Quote3) There's still South West, which doesn't have as many interesting naval possibilities and the puyre size of West, but does have the border with Dardanet, so I can have a play with that. The other ideas I had can wait until we do the next country after Taveruun that has a coast line and an excuse for a large indolent navy. In fact, some of my ideas were contrary to "canon" anyway, since even the main book mentions that West's navy is on the small side.
I am always looking for areas of conflict within the material we are creating, things to muddy the water and give players somthing to get their teeth into. I would read that the western navy includes contingents from the West and Southwest counties and perhaps there is competition between the highlord of the West and highlord of the Southwest for the title of Sealord of Taveruun. This would be an opportunity for all sorts of political shenanigans. Just a few ideas i'm not going to develop this.

QuoteSo, I will do South West (everyone take note and don't steal it from me *grin*) and also keep working on TFOB stuff (Mass Combat right now). Gary, you keep West and develop it more, etc. Whatever you like.
Confirmed my hands are off ;)

QuoteSound fair?
Very fair Brian

Gary

Mike Holmes

So, you're saying that you want Gary to keep the West? Just checking to be sure....

;-)

Um, so you'll have something on the SW by next week, then? :-)

Mike

Brian Leybourne

Yeah, I'll make a start this weekend. Hopefully I'll have a first draft at least by mid/late next week.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Morfedel

What is needed on mine now?

If I recall, it was a list of relationships with the other high lords, and its status in terms of not having a "title" such as kingdom, county, or what have you.... Was there anything else?

Gary_Bingham

Quote from: MorfedelWhat is needed on mine now?

If I recall, it was a list of relationships with the other high lords, and its status in terms of not having a "title" such as kingdom, county, or what have you.... Was there anything else?
James from the point of view of populating the map Pendus Fain needs some geographical information, cities and notable locations. If you have any graphical talents you could edit the map yourself (I can tidy it up afterwards if necessary)

Maybe you can rethink the new port idea. We had originally discussed that since the South already had a major port in Illitizi the construction of a privateer port may be construed as competition by the South county. However with Illitzi currently a part of Numeria then the Southeastern highlord may be seeing a niche in the market so to speak and intends to capitalise on the south being portless in the south
Gary

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Gary_Bingham
Maybe you can rethink the new port idea. We had originally discussed that since the South already had a major port in Illitizi the construction of a privateer port may be construed as competition by the South county. However with Illitzi currently a part of Numeria then the Southeastern highlord may be seeing a niche in the market so to speak and intends to capitalise on the south being portless in the south

I don't think that's neccessary, and I don't see your logic. Illitzi has no port at the moment, and no plans to get one. In fact, they might be happy to learn about Pendus Fain's alternative, as they can then use that as their port (as opposed to having to go to the dangerous, and probably heavily taxed Numerian port). I think he should keep that plot.

Mike