News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Donjon ... Still Lovin' It

Started by catenwolde, May 27, 2003, 10:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catenwolde

My brother came up for a four-day visit over the holiday weekend, and we finally got a chance to get back to Donjon after a hiatus since January (and before that a hiatus since Thanksgiving).  I'd just like to say that we still had a great time with it - making the characters, going back and forth with the story, the combats, the magic, the treasure system - all of it.  There's a lot of rpg's out there (big press and small press) that seem interesting at first glance ... and later you can never figure out why you bought them.  Certainly not the case with Donjon.

Kudos!

On another note, I'm a web db systems designer (most of the time), and as I'm moving to Helsinki later in the summer, I had thought I would throw together a web-based character record / DM tool / player interface program for Donjon, to allow my brother and I to store characters, bring up the relevant facts on the screen, roll virtual dice (not as fun, I know), and communicate back and forth on results, etc.  Might take me a while to get to it, as this summer will be busy, but would there be interest here in seeing the results?

Cheers,

Christopher

Clinton R. Nixon

Chris,

I'd definitely be interested. A system that could store characters and monsters would be awesome, and something I've always intended to work on, but never found the time.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

catenwolde

Clinton,

How secure would you want the site to be, and how much rules info could be included?  For instance, would you want people to establish user accounts that you could monitor for any reason ... probably not, but I thought I would ask.  Would you want access to be solely through your Donjon web page?  Could rules tidbits, like the short "Dial" descriptions (not whole sidebars) be included?  I would pass anything by you first before going live, but just thought I'd ask.

My idea is start out with a character/class/race library (might be fun just to share notes) and build from there.

Cheers,

Christopher

Clinton R. Nixon

Christopher,

If you want to build something like this, and put it on your site, then it's really up to you. It sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to do with it, and I'll definitely approve small rules-bits (like the dials, for example.) I'll link to it from my site, as well.

If you're interested in creating something like this to go on the main Donjon site, I've one request: user accounts aren't necessary, but an entry for the submitter's name and e-mail address on each entry would be, and a way to see the newest entries.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games