News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Marvel RPG publication date

Started by Bob McNamee, May 05, 2003, 09:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob McNamee

What's the release date on the game?

Bob McNamee
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

Evan Jones

Before the end of the month.

Michael Hopcroft

I've heard people say they've gotten their hands on the game now. On the Yahoogroup I'm already reading detailed descriptions of how various marvel characters are rated in the game (how Rouge is less vulnerable than Thor, for example).

Perosnally I want to take the system and create my own characters, but I have a feeling not a lot of people are going to do that....
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

Evan Jones

I'm sure some will. And we officially and unofficially encourage players to use their own interpretations. But we'll tell you why we did what we did.

Rogue is "invulnerable". We decided not to give her full physical invulnerability, however (which we might well have). Thor's overall defense is equal (adding in his reflexive Dodge--and of course he has higher durability and therefore more stones he can put into defense.

efindel

Picked it up from my local shop yesterday.  :-)

--Travis

Michael Hopcroft

I was able to pick it up from a comic-book store on Sunday.

One question -- what happens if you need more than one CAD? Will marvel be selling extra? Has anyone made their own? Something in me rebels about tearing something out of the book, even uif it is supposdly essential to play.

Also, where can one obtain the physical red and white stones to place and manuever on the display?
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

Adam

Magic: The Gathering counters would be my first choice; I'm pretty sure they come in the right colours.

Best,
Adam

efindel

The MURPGList group at Yahoo Groups has a PDF version of a CAD in their Files section, which one of the folks there created.  It's made to be more "copier-friendly" than the one which came with the game.  You have to be a member of the group to get access to the files section, but you could join, download it, then quit the group...

However, if you are interested in the game, it seems to be a good group.  One of the game's designers is a member, and has been answering lots of rules questions.

As far as the stones go, you should be able to get pretty little red and white stones at any craft store.  I'd recommend that over picking up ones for MtG from a game store -- they'll be cheaper.  When it comes down to it, though, they're just markers for points.  If you've got a bunch of spare change around, you could use pennies for red stones and dimes for white...

--Travis

Bob McNamee

I just signed on to that Group... I'm continuing my quest for my Supers game.

Hows the game look as far as building your own Supers go?

That's really what I'm most looking for. I like the comic book characters, but as an old Champions GM I'm really most into making my own, and I'm sure my old Champions players will want to do that too.
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I think this thread has drifted a bit from its initial publishing focus. It's time to close it. Discussions of the design features of the game should go into RPG Theory, and discussions of play should go into Actual Play.

See you there,
Ron