News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Zapo/ Their Firearms

Started by Amy1419, May 27, 2003, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy1419

I did a search and did not find anything of use and I had replied to another topic but it isn't really about what I would like to know.
I was reading through the nations and remembered that there is basically a teaser that Zapo has discovered firearms.
Now I want to be able to create one but I have no real knowledge of what guns would be like in this time. I know about modern guns but with
prep time and damage,etc I'm at a loss. I don't want to go for the 18th, 19th Century weapons of muskets because I think that they might be too advanced but maybe not.
Any tboughts?
Thanks!

Salamander

The firearms I describe in my post are essentially the first black powder weapons to be fielded in any notable quantity. Between about 1475 and 1550 was roughly where I was aiming to be with my selection, although before 1517 there would have only been the Arquebus. Any earlier and you are dealling with weapons known as "gonnes" which are quite a lot like tiny cannon.
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".