News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Universalis] Foxy Noir

Started by John Harper, June 05, 2003, 12:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Harper

We had one of our best Universalis games yet last night. "I want to play noir," quickly turned into a funkadelic detective story on the streets of New Orleans in 1976. Thanks to Donna's impressive typing skills, we have a write-up that almost reads like a novel. Check it out:

http://www.shootingiron.com/feng/universalis/uni_foxy1.html

We'll play Part Two in a few weeks, so stay tuned.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Mike Holmes

Sweet Sweatin Jebus that rocks!

This Tenet:
QuoteFoxy woman has a collection of Emma Peel style boots
might seem at first to be a waste of a Coin, but in effect it's a brilliantly subtle addition that informs the entire mood of the game. Including that font at the top of the page, for instance.

"Once Killed a Man" is such an awesome, paradigm breaking Trait that I want to weep. Tons of great play here. :-)

Kudos to all involved.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Valamir

Very fun!

I think I can safely say you are the first group to Coin a new word for Universalis play...Smangry...kind of like beatnik revolutionaries :-)

Of course I will want to link to this from the site.  I look forward to seeing it played to completion!

Bob McNamee

I can just picture this as a 70's TV show...

You know you've got to have a footchase through a disco at some point.

love the Ties trait!
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

John Harper

Ralph: Feel free to link to Foxy Noir from the Uni site. We'll definitely have at least one more session in that world.

Bob: It would indeed make a great 70's TV show. My friend Scott (one of the players) and I recently made a short film about a ficitonal 70's TV show and I think that influenced the Uni game quite a bit. Scott's going to make the film available online soon... I'll post a link when it's ready.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!